We want let’s talk to be a safe, compassionate and authentic digital space where young people can anonymously post questions or feelings, and provide each other with useful advice and support. Join our movement to create positive and healthy social media spaces which support relationship building and build confidence. You can help us foster a caring community by being kind and respectful in your thoughts, words and actions to everyone.
let’s talk is a youth-led, peer support space for students and young adults in Singapore. The platform will be monitored by moderators from Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm. If you’re not feeling your best, we recommend posting during moderated hours so you can get appropriate support. We are not a crisis support service and cannot offer one to one counselling. If you or someone you know is in crisis or immediate danger, call 995 or seek urgent crisis support from SOS at 1-767 or IMH at 6389-2222. There is also a guide for finding help here.
To keep our users feeling safe and supported, all the chatrooms operate under Zero Tolerance Policy for any unsupportive, conflicting, inappropriate, unprofessional behaviour or language or any behaviour or language that disrupts the supportive and positive environment of the chatrooms. We have a list of things that our moderators will censor, hide or delete should they appear.
· let’s talk is not a crisis or emergency service. If your post suggests that you might be at risk of self-harm or harming others, we will not publish your post. In such instances, we will send you a message with guidance on how you can get help.
· If a post or comment contains personal information about you or someone you know e.g. surnames, school names, specific events or location details, phone numbers, email addresses, or links to social networking profiles, the moderator will either eliminate those details or ask you to edit and resubmit, as appropriate.
· Moderation will also eliminate posts that include racially offensive, discriminatory, threatening or aggressive comments. Similarly, any messages that condone illegal activity or criminal behaviour will not be published.
· Any posts that contain crude, or sexually explicit language and descriptions of sexual acts will not be published. Graphic, flirtatious, and sexually suggestive language is strictly prohibited. While it is ok to talk about sexual health and relationships topics, please be conscious of the age range of users and do not ask for or provide advice on how to carry out sexual acts.
Promoting harmful behaviour
· Posts that promote or incite harmful or dangerous behaviours will not be published. Examples including detailing weight loss strategies, dangerous dietary behaviours, drug and alcohol use etc. Moderators will not publish messages that promote self-harm, suicide or provide information on methods or how to hide scars.
· Moderation will also eliminate posts that are purposely intimidating. Bullying will not be tolerated.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our guidelines, including, but not limited to
· Sending you a message to edit or resubmit as appropriate
· Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
· Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
· Adding restrictions to communities, such as adding NSFW tags
· Removal of content
Peer Support Leaders are a significant part of our community. In stepping into a leadership role with let’s talk, you have agreed that you align with our values and wish to uphold our mission. You have the ability to inform and influence our community members. So, it is important to lead by example and be a role model to inspire others to aspire to be someone like you to extend support to others. As a community leader, you have the responsibility to help us foster and protect our community and all the users.
· We trust you to be responsible and maintain confidentiality
· Community leaders must maintain strong boundaries
· Community leaders accept feedback gracefully
· Please honour and follow our community guidelines
· Reporting is our responsibility
Safety and Reporting
The best way to report unsupportive, unprofessional behaviour or spam on let’s talk is by using the “flag” button at the bottom of any post. Please keep in mind that your reports are confidential and your usernames are kept anonymous. The account you reported won’t see who reported them.