Any movie lovers out here?

It’s almost the end of the year what are some of your top movies of 2023 ?

I really enjoyed “The Boy and the Heron” by Studio Ghibli ! The colours and visuals of the movie were amazing and the story although confusing and slow paced at first leaves so much up for your own interpretation :face_with_monocle:

Fun fact the Japanese name for the movie, “How do you live ?”which i find more meaningful and suits the theme so well :eyes:

Drop a movie recommendation in here too if you are a movie lover too :wave:

2 Likes

I thought 2023 would be the year of Barbie vs Oppenheimer haha but my favourite one this year would have to be King of Musang King by Jack Neo.

Actually I like all Jack Neo movies #supportlocal :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi @Otterworldly ,

I am a movie lover too. I did speak about some movies ( Old ones ) that i saw and the lessons learned. Do check out my post about Mean Girls, Pursuit of Happyness and Senior Year.

As for the past year 2023, I only manage to catch Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Its an Action Flick but does hold some values like family, revenge and brotherhood. I will be posting yet another review about the Movie Argylle that i just saw and share my thoughts on that.
Tomorrow i will be watching Madame Webb as i won tickets as i am a Movie Max Member with SAFRA - Yes I paid my duty to the nation with blood sweat and tears… Lots of Tears hahahaha.

Okay then Keep in touch and Have a Great Weekend :slight_smile: Sending Much Love and Peace Your Way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woohoo hello @ManoEsperanza ohhh pursuit of happyness is a good one ! Another older movie I liked was Dead Poets Society Robin Williams was so good in it :smiley:

Ooo I saw the trailler for Argylle the premise seems quite interesting can’t wait to see your review :thinking: Wait there is such a thing as a Movie Max Member ? :scream:

Right now I’m looking forward for The Fall Guy, Ghost Busters and Inside Out 2 :laughing:

Sending well wishes back too and enjoy the movie :+1:

2 Likes

@Otterworldly

“We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.” – Dead Poets Society

This is my most favorite quote from the movie.

Ghostbuster Frozen Empire i think is good the actress - Mckenna Grace also does music as well and a very pretty lass.

Her latest song is about a friend she has.

You got to watch Argylle if youre into thriller and plot twists.

Movie Max is Under SAFRA, meaning you can apply the membership for a fee but i think its only open to men who has served or are sering National Service. For an annual fee you get discounted rates - I paid about 7-8 dollars per movie tickets on a weekday and if you join the contests you might win Movie tickets premier but its usually at Orchard Lido at around 10-11 in the morning on a Saturday - Usually.

I cant say much about the movie cause of the plot twist but i did share my take away from the movie. Have an awesome Weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ManoEsperanza

Oo I think you might like this reaction video with Cinema Theraphy with guest Gale Hanson :thinking:

https://youtu.be/x9gaJC6rzzY?si=SVyxbE1X0Hl8o1hI

Hmm the song is giving me early 2000s Taylor Swift vibes haha. Damn I just saw a list of projects she was in wow that is alot LOL

Orighty shall ask my partner to watch Argylle with me :laughing:

2 Likes