Are undergraduates under pressure to chase multiple internships?

This article raises some important questions about the role of internships in the university experience. The author argues that the pressure to take on multiple internships is driven by a number of factors, including the increasing importance of social media platforms like LinkedIn, the fear of being left behind, and the desire to gain a competitive edge in the job market.

I agree with the author that it is important for undergraduates to gain real-world experience through internships. However, I do not believe that students should feel pressured to take on multiple internships. In fact, I believe that it is more important for students to focus on quality over quantity

What are your thoughts on the pressure to take on multiple internships? Do you think that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to internships?

What are some factors that students should consider when deciding how many internships to take on? What are some alternative ways for undergraduates to gain real-world experience?

2 Likes