Need help with Anxiety

Recently I got diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder.
Then I also got diagnosed with sleep apnea(SA) which made me really paranoid.After being diagnosed with SA,I keep waking up every night around 1 or 2am and I started googling or chatgpt about some of the symptoms that I recently started to have and got really paranoid as i become really lack of sleep.what can I do?
I have also just started cpap therapy for about 1week and I also wake up around 2am as I felt like I can’t breath well and ended up removing it before falling asleep.
My most recent symptoms are rapid heart heart(100~115)and I really worried that my heart won’t be able to take it and result in heart failure.

Hi Enchanterx90

Thank you for coming forward courageously to seek help in managing your situation. It is indeed a lot that you are going through. Please know that feeling overwhelmed, anxious and paranoid is fully understandable and normal, especially with new diagnoses and symptoms. Please hang in there, you can get through this. I suggest you may want to consider :

Consulting your doctor.
Share your concerns and symptoms with your doctor, especially regarding your CPAP therapy and rapid heartbeat. Sometimes the settings on the CPAP machine may need adjustment to reduce the discomfort you are feeling.

Stick to CPAP therapy
Try to continue using the CPAP machine, and work with your doctor to adjust settings for better comfort.

Anxiety management techniques
Practice relaxation methods like deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, or mindfulness meditation to help manage anxiety.

Sleep hygiene
Establish a consistent sleep schedule, avoid caffeine and electronics before bedtime, and create a relaxing bedtime routine.

Education and awareness
Learn more about sleep apnea, anxiety, and their treatments to better understand your conditions. If possible can the sleep clinic link you up with others who are undergoing the same treatment so that you can share tips and experiences.

Self-compassion
Be kind to yourself, and acknowledge that it’s okay to feel overwhelmed. Take time to participate in activities you enjoy, exercise and eat balanced meals, and on time.

Remember, you’re not alone in this journey. Take things one step at a time, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.:heart:

1 Like

SA isn’t life threatening? Just do the surgery to make ur breathing better, use the cpap machine, cardio, eat healthy etc. I had mild sleep apnea n GAD. Im fine now

1 Like