Coping with anxiety

I don’t think I’d ever want to be admitted in imh as I cannot stay away from my husband and fur kids.and I just joined a new job a month ago n the job has caused me to spiral down.
Im struggling to manage whatever that I’m gg through and constantly feel like a failure

Shld I be worried about chest pains and breathing difficulties knowing it is just anxiety?

3 Likes

Hi @user971

Thank you for sharing your struggles with us here, I hear you, and it’s completely understandable that the thought of being admitted to IMH is unsettling for you, especially considering the strong bonds you have with your husband and fur kids. Starting a new job can be challenging, and it sounds like you’re going through a tough time right now.

Feeling like a failure is a heavy burden, but please know that you’re not alone in these struggles. It’s okay to acknowledge the difficulties and emotions you’re experiencing. As for the chest pains and breathing difficulties, it’s very important to take them seriously. While anxiety can indeed manifest physically, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to rule out any other potential causes and ensure you receive the support and guidance you need.

I would suggest that you reach out to a mental health professional firstly, to help you manage the root of the anxiety that you are experiencing. You can try walking in or calling the nearby Family Service Centre, or you can try a polyclinic near your home that has mental health assistance to guide you.

In the meantime, I would also suggest that you try these tools that we have which can help you, but in the long run we still recommend that you see a mental health professional to work on the deeper issues.

1. Guided meditation - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  2. Manage your anxiety - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  3. Learn relaxation - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  4. Take Deep breaths - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

Taking care of your mental and physical well-being is very important, and reaching out for help is a strength, not a weakness :slight_smile: Whether it’s through talking to a trusted friend, family member, or seeking professional advice, remember that your feelings are valid, and support is available for you.

Please let us know how you’re coping, we’d love to continue supporting you. Hear from you soon.

1 Like