Dissociative Identity Disorder

I’ve been hearing voices from a young age, specifically when I was primary 1. I’m now 14 and these voices are communicating with me more. I tend to end up places where I don’t even remember, have constant blackouts and see these people whenever I black out.

1 Like

Hi @Hantwooo

I’m not a professional psychiatrist (or related field) so I can’t give any professional diagnosis/ advice but based on what you are sharing, it is indeed worying and I am assuming (correct me if I’m wrong) but it is bothering/ affecting you.

Is there anyone that you’ve shared these concerns with or are able to share with (eg. family, friends, a trusted adult)?

1 Like

What do these voices tell you? And does anyone around you hear these voices too?

Hi @Hantwooo ,

Thank you for sharing truthfully about what you’ve been experiencing. It must have taken a lot of courage for you to be so authentic here on this platform. I acknowledge your feelings, and I can imagine how scary or confusing it might have been for you when you first started hearing these voices or when you have blackout moments.

As professionals, we are not able to diagnose or assess any mental health conditions on social media or through any other platforms that may not be safe for both client and professional, hence it would be best if you could seek support directly from a mental health professional.

I’d like to help clarify briefly about the different mental health professionals and what kind of support they can provide:

1. Psychiatrist - They are actual medical doctors with specializations in mental health, and they are able to diagnose + dispense medication if needed.
  2. Psychologist - They are not doctors, but can assess + diagnose, write clinical diagnosis / report if the client requires one
  3. Psychotherapists - They are not doctors, not psychologists either but they are trained specifically to help people with mental / emotional health issues, to journey with and guide clients through those issues.

If you need someone to assess and diagnose, it’ll be good to see a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist - both of which can help you pinpoint what the exact issue is and help you get the support you need.
If you need someone to journey with you through this issue, speak to a counsellor or psychotherapist who can provide strategies to help you through this.

In the meantime, I encourage you to try out these activities to help you to stay emotionally regulated if you feel overwhelmed by the voices:

1. Deep breathing exercise - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  1. Feel more in control - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

I hope this has been helpful for you. Please remember to stay safe and reach out for more support if you need to. We’re here with you too!

1 Like