Is it normal to feel empty everytime?

hi everyone. just wondering if it’s normal to feel tired everytime. i always have no motivation to do anything. even the simplest thing such as waking up to shower also it’s a struggle for me. also, my appetite changed rapidly. like yesterday, i ordered food and end up not finishing it and the food looks untouched. i did some research and i took a self assessment. the self assessment said that i could be experiencing depression. or is it i became like this cause of the school holidays? do u think i may be having depression or that maybe i’m taking things at a slower pace since it’s the holidays?

5 Likes

Dear @vanillacake,

We’d firstly like to apologise for the delay in our response and hope that you’ve been keeping well.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feelings and concerns with us. It takes a lot of courage to seek insight and understanding about your emotions and experiences, and I’d like to commend you for that.

Feeling tired and lacking motivation can be really unpleasant, and it’s important to explore the underlying reasons for these changes. While I don’t have enough information to diagnose, what you’re describing could be indicative of depression, especially when it affects your appetite, motivation, and overall well-being.

Depression is a complex mental health condition that can manifest in various ways, including changes in energy levels, sleeping patterns, and appetite. It’s not uncommon for individuals to experience depression during school holidays or times of increased stress or transition.

However, if you’ve noticed these changes persisting, I would urge you to seek professional support to gain a clearer understanding of what you’re going through. Talking to a mental health professional can help you explore your thoughts and emotions in-depth and determine whether depression or other factors are contributing to your current experiences.

In the meantime, consider implementing self-care practices that can support your well-being, such as maintaining a regular sleep schedule, engaging in physical activity, connecting with supportive friends or family members, and seeking activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Perhaps you’d like to try creating your own little bit of routine during the school holidays - something as small as waking up at a regular time everyday and starting your day with a cup of your favourite beverage, for example, could give you that little bit of motivational boost to start your day.

Lastly, I’d like to remind you that you don’t have to navigate this alone. Reaching out to a mental health professional can provide you with the guidance and support needed to address these feelings and find healthy coping strategies.

If you ever find yourself struggling or feeling overwhelmed, don’t hesitate to talk to someone you trust or consider reaching out to a mental health helpline for immediate support.

In the meantime, our community is here if you have any other questions or concerns since the last time you posted this. Please be gentle with and take care of yourself :open_hands:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @vanillacake. I’m sure we all get these days where we feel tired and unmotivated but if these feelings persists then it’s probably wise to seek professional help. It might be premature to diagnose yourself with depression from online research and self assessment tools. You’ll need some clinical advice. Let us know if you manage to speak to one and how it goes! We’re here for you.

2 Likes

hI @vanillacake

I noticed that you wrote this in end June and we’re now in the start of August, I really hope that things have improved for you in the past 1 month or so.

If you’re still experiencing the various issues you mentioned, I hope that you’ve sought help otherwise, it’ll be highly advisable to do so.

Again I hope things have been better for you and if you’d like, feel free to update us how you’ve been doing for the past 1 month.I wish you well and do take care :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @vanillacake ,
Jumping straight into solutions might not be very helpful here as without having more context about your daily life and other parameters, it’s difficult to suggest something powerful.

As someone above mentioned about seeking help from a professional. I would like to support that and suggest you to consult a psychologist or a certified coach in order to help you diagnose the situation better.

Hope you get better soon.

Regards,
Hitesh
Certified Wellness coach

1 Like