Post Panic Attack

Experienced a panic attack few days ago and seems like it is still bothering me. I feel sad for no reason and cried for no reason. Am i normal? I am making different kinds of scenarios in my head and i can’t stop crying.

3 Likes

Hi @blackstone

Firstly, thank you for sharing your experience with us here, it truly takes a lot of courage to share your vulnerability with us. I want to affirm your feelings - experiencing a panic attack can be very distressing and it’s completely understandable that it might continue to affect you emotionally in the days following. I can imagine that feeling sad and crying without a clear reason can also be part of the aftermath of a panic attack or intense anxiety.

I want to encourage you that your feelings are valid and you’re not alone in this experience. The aftermath of a panic attack can leave lingering feelings of sadness, heightened anxiety, and an inability to stop negative thoughts or scenarios from running through your mind.

Let’s process this deeper together, can you reflect and share:

• Could you tell me more about what you feel might have triggered the panic attack a few days ago?
  • How are these feelings of sadness and crying affecting your daily activities and your overall well-being?

I would like to share a few helpful strategies which may help to ease your anxiety in that moment, if you feel overwhelmed:

I really encourage you to reach out to a mental health professional as well, because talking to a mental health professional, such as a therapist or counselor, can provide you with the necessary support and tools to process these emotions and manage overwhelming anxious thoughts.

Last but not least, please take care of yourself and seek the help you need to work through these emotions and thoughts. You are not alone, and we are here to support you.

Nothing in particular happened, but maybe i was a little annoyed that my sister woke me up from my nap. But it wasn’t a big deal to me, as it wasn’t anything that i was really angry of. All of a sudden i found myself crying hysterically and couldn’t control myself which might lead to the attack.

These sadness and feeling of wanting to cry has been bothering me especially in my workplace and before i sleep at night. I will just be doing my work when all of a sudden i would feel my heart beating fast and start to feel anxious. I wouldn’t be able to control my tears then and couldn’t stop crying. I would also start crying over the littlest things.

Also i notice myself feeling hungry but when its time to eat, i don’t feel like eating anymore.

Sometimes i feel like i’m going crazy, having random mood swings.

1 Like