"A broken body isn't a broken person."

Hi everyone!

Have you heard of the incredible Janine Shepherd?

I came across this incredible TED Talk by Janine Shepherd, titled “A Broken Body Isn’t a Broken Person,” and I just had to share it with you all.

Janine, an aspiring Olympic skier, faced a life-altering moment when a truck struck her during a training bike ride. The accident left her paralyzed and immobile for six months, with a bleak prognosis for recovery. However, what unfolds in the aftermath is nothing short of awe-inspiring.

Not only does Janine teach herself to walk again, but she also takes it a step further—she learns to fly. Her story is a testament to the incredible resilience of the human spirit and the limitless potential for recovery!

What struck me most was Janine’s powerful message that we are not defined by our bodies. She encourages us to embrace the idea that giving up old dreams can create space for new ones to soar. It’s a perspective that resonated deeply with me, and I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

Take a moment to check out the talk and share your reflections.

• Have you ever faced a moment that reshaped your dreams and outlook on life?
  • What was it like for you to be at the bottom of the pit, and having to climb back up again?
  • How did you navigate it, and what did you learn?

Looking forward to a thoughtful discussion!