Help me help myself

I won’t say that I’m an optimistic person but I feel like ever since I got burntout when I over stressed taking part time graduation course(stressed as I won’t able to absorb the knowledge which led me to failure in exam), I got a lot more pessimistic.

Not to mention, I got my first episode of
IBS(irritable bowel syndrome) during this burnt out as well and it has been bugging me on and off affecting my sleep and daily life.

In addition, I started facing other health issues and work related issues.
I had a check up and found out that my liver enzymes is kinda elevated so the doc send me for scans and reviews. I was really worried that my conditions are really serious and kept thinking about it which made me kinda anxious I guess.( eventually found out I just had a mild case of fatty liver which is reversible but I do have some small growth in my gallbladder which they would like me to go back for yearly reviews). After the review, I had other symptoms which are very similar to heart disease which made me constantly self aware of any symptoms no matter how small they maybe( went to doc for check up and they said I have anxiety issue). This really made me feel lousy about myself.

As for work related issue, I have been rather successful when it comes to obtaining jobs however recent I have been jobless due to contract ending and unable to get a job of my preference. All these made me feel lousy and maybe depressed as well.

All these led to me feeling unmotivated about life and I lost interest in hobbies that I used to like as well.

My apologies for the whole chunk of text above but would appreciate if I can get some form of help or advice so I can feel better and go back to the old me that I used to be.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi There @Enchanterx90 ,

God Willing there will be expert advice that will be replied to this with numbers and links to get help. However, Just from one human being to another I can’t say that i know what you are going thru cause only you know that.

I can though empathise with you and share my thoughts if you are willing to have a look.

The tribulations in life be it illness or other challenges are meant to make us evolve as a person - Just like in Pokemon.
I know the feeling of wanting things to be how they were and how i wished that i was my former version of myself.

Hope you can take a man of 40s advice that the things we grow thru - each one of us unique is to build the person that is able to face the next few chapters of our lives.

Sometimes we have to let go a part of ourselves to make room for things that are useful for us in the future.

Here is the thing, Most people think progress is like a straight line that goes up in a graph. It doesnt work that way. There will be seasons. You know how trees loose their leaves in autumn and grow back in summer ? Same like us.
And example is like going to the gym. There will be days when you are sick, or busy with festivities and there will be days where you are at your optimum levels.

Im not an expert on these things and im sure the next few replies will be from a professional with links and contacts. However Im just saying that things will be okay eventually and give it time. You are going to get thru this. You have made it so far, make it thru the day.

2 Likes