how can i love myself? like, how can i fix my broken self?

how can i love myself?

4 Likes

Hi @marymae26

Thank you for this beautiful question, it’s a deep and profound one and I want you to know that I hear you, and I want to acknowledge the courage it takes to reach out and ask such an important question. Loving oneself is a profound journey, and it’s entirely okay to seek answers on this path.

Firstly, know that your feelings are valid, and self-love is a process that unfolds over time.

Here are a few strategies to consider:

1. Self-Compassion: Begin by treating yourself with the same kindness and understanding that you would offer a friend facing similar struggles. Embrace self-compassion as a gentle guide :slight_smile: You can also try our tool on self-compassion here to guide you.

2. Positive Affirmations: Practice positive affirmations. Speak to yourself with words of encouragement and acknowledge your strengths. Over time, this can shift the way you perceive yourself. You could also learn to reframe your thoughts using this tool to guide you.

3. Identify Your Needs: Reflect on your needs, desires, and aspirations. Understanding what truly matters to you can be a powerful foundation for self-love.

4. Embrace Imperfections: Understand that perfection is unattainable. Embrace your imperfections as part of what makes you unique and worthy of love. Remember, we’re all imperfect (we’re not robots!) and that is okay :slight_smile:

5. Professional Support: Consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor, from the nearest Family Service Centre or a professional online:

Remember, this is a personal and ongoing process. Celebrate the small victories, be patient with yourself, and allow the journey of self-love to unfold at its own pace :slight_smile: You deserve the love and care you are seeking, and it all starts with the compassion you extend to yourself!

Let us know how else we can support you on this journey to self-love. Hear from you soon!

2 Likes

Hi @marymae26

Just want to say that you’re not alone in your quest to find out the answer to this question. Personally, my world was shaken up this past month and I am also struggling to answer these questions: “Who am I?”, “What are my strengths?” && ultimately, “How can I love myself?”

If you’re willing to share, I would definitely love to hear more from you! :yellow_heart: Especially the events that led up to you asking yourself this question.

Like what @cottonsoul said, it is definitely a profound one and I hope that you can be kind to yourself in this process. What I also find helpful is to journal these reflections and get back to it whenever I’m feeling low. Somehow revisiting the past reflections helped serve as an affirmation and reminded me of the progress I’ve made. I have attempted to answer these questions in the past and I’m adding on new insights. While it is still a work-in-progress, I’m trying to keep at it and hopefully it will all make sense one day. Hoping the same for you as well! :sparkles:

1 Like