I Don't Know Why I Am Like This

Lately these past few days I’ve become worse again(Just like I used to) I had become more snappy, crying more than usual, days bleeds into days, dates becomes just numbers to me(this has been a normal occurrence in my life ever since I can remember since young) I don’t know what is wrong with me(I think I have depression and anxiety? The symptoms are pretty obvious but i had never been diagnosed before)

2 Likes

Hey @Wira

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a difficult time. If you suspect that you may be dealing with depression and anxiety, I highly recommend that you reach out to a mental health professional for a thorough evaluation as they can provide a proper diagnosis and guide you through potential treatment options, which may include therapy/counseling, medication, or a combination of these approaches. I’m so sorry that we’re unable to assess or diagnose here on this platform, so please do seek professional advice or assessment from a mental health professional near you.

Recognizing the signs of depression and anxiety is an important step in understanding your emotions. Common signs of depression include persistent sadness, a loss of interest or pleasure in activities, changes in appetite or sleep patterns, fatigue, feelings of worthlessness or guilt, difficulty concentrating, and thoughts of death or suicide.

Likewise, anxiety often manifests as excessive worry, restlessness, irritability, muscle tension, sleep disturbances, and difficulty concentrating. Physical symptoms such as headaches or stomachaches may also be present.

While waiting to consult with a professional, consider implementing self-care strategies:

1. Connect with loved ones: Sharing your feelings with trusted friends or family members can provide emotional support.
  2. Practice mindfulness: Engage in activities such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga to help manage stress.
  3. Establish a routine: Creating a daily schedule can bring structure and a sense of control to your days.
  4. Incorporate physical activity: Regular exercise has been linked to improved mood and mental well-being.

It might also be useful for you to check out this page where you can find self-assessments to gauge how you are feeling, but please also do seek proper assessment from a mental health professional: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/mindsg/seeking-support#mental-health-professionals-who-can-provide-support

Remember, seeking help is a courageous step, and mental health professionals are trained to assist you. If you are in immediate crisis or experiencing suicidal thoughts, please contact emergency services or a crisis hotline right away:

Do remember that your mental health is extremely important, and we are here to support you. Do keep us updated on how you’re coping and how your assessment goes.

Hear from you soon.

1 Like