Something is wrong with me

As per title, I just want to say that I think something is wrong with me.

I can be feeling so much emotions, constantly thinking of something and feeling all tense and overwhelmed about the thoughts in my head till I dont even feel like getting out of bed. All I want to do is to cry.

And I hate it.
I hate this so much.

Every time I try to ground myself with box breathing the 333 rule etc.It doesn’t work, hence I stopped doing it. Breathing becomes so hard sometimes and sure crying may help release some pain but I can’t cry all the time right?

What’s even more annoying and is angering my is at one point I may be so happy having the time of my life having a good Convo with my Friends but the next moment when I’m back home in bed I’m having another episode. What is wrong with me. I hate it and I hate me.

This uncomfortable will always be there and I’ll hate myself forever more. I’m coping by self harming. And I myself know best that that isn’t the best coping mechanism.

And as much as there are so much support around us, I just can’t agree with the statement that " you are not alone. Seek help." Only if it was that easy. Sure I don’t talk to my parents, sure I don’t want to disturb my friend or make them think I’m a loser, then my only option is to seek professional help right? - and now I feel like I can’t get too attached to my therapist if not I will be extremely dependent on her and with every conversation it will affect me more. Omg … I feel so so helpless.

I’m seeking therapy! I’m trying my best. But the light inside Me is dying.

4 Likes

Are you working? Or a student? Im not a healthcare professional, but as someone who had mental health issues, your case does sound like you have a specific condition and require professional help…

No need to be shy, you will find many ppl with similar situations if you browse this forum.

It is good that you see a therapist/medical professional, as only they can diagnose you and set you on the road to recovery via medication etc.

But in my opinion, much of the recovery stems from within. There has to be certain causes/triggers that led to this situation e.g. school stress, job stress, family and peer pressure, self-esteem issues. To make a full recovery, you will likely have to face your inner demons, and find a way to resolve them or avoid them.

Three tips I found VERY useful in my journey:

1. You are not your feelings. This is something I read from a book (Untethered Soul). In a nutshell, feelings are a semi-physical response, such as fight or flight feelings when encountering a dangerous situation. Do not think of controlling your emotions or feeling guilty for having bad feelings; emotions can arise but learn to let them pass by.

2. Rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT) - emotions are irrational, but your brain is rational. Go through this 4 step technique to assess whether your thoughts are justified, and let them go if they are not

3. Lastly, it seems you have a lot of (unjustified) self-hate. Read the book “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” :wink: Times are hard, but we only have one self - learn to love and cherish yourself, despite what others tell you

Take care!

3 Likes

Hey @Elephant101 ,
Thanks for opening up and congratulations on taking the first step to seeking help from the community.

Yes, I have been through the types of emotions you are going through right now. It isn’t very nice, but simultaneously, this is a powerful lesson of our life happening in real-time.

This might sound tough, but fighting these emotions and feelings can only worsen them. Why not try to talk to them, yes, I mean literal talking. This dissolves a certain aspect of these troubling thoughts.

You can talk it out by: Journaling on a piece of paper, talking to a neutral person or mentor or friend, recording your voice notes , talking in front of a mirror.

don’t want to disturb my friend or make them think I’m a loser,

I heard you on this and agreed 100% about it. That’s where you need to talk to a neutral, non-judgemental human being who has time to listen to you. Well, who could that be? A life coach, mentor or therapist.

And yes, there are hundreds of solution that can be posted here but it’s best to personalise the solutions mostly.

Believe me @Elephant101 , this adds a lot of mental toughness to our life. Trust yourself. You have got it.

You can always connect with me for anything on your mind and heart :heart: .

More power :muscle: to you !

Bye,

Hitesh | Certified Mindvalley Holobody Coach |

2 Likes

Hi @Elephant101,

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, and I want to firstly acknowledge the courage it takes to seek therapy and to express these feelings. It takes a great deal of strength to confront our emotions and to ask for help, and I want to assure you that you are not alone in this.

What you’ve described sounds like symptoms of depression and anxiety, and I can imagine that these can be very overwhelming and difficult to manage. It’s important to bear in mind that these feelings are not your fault, and you deserve the support and care to help you cope and heal.

It’s understandable to feel frustrated when grounding techniques like box breathing and other coping mechanisms don’t seem to work, but please know that there are also many other different techniques and strategies that can be further explored with your therapist that may work better for you. Some other examples include progressive muscle relaxation (1) and behavioural activation strategies. Behavioural activation is a way of helping you feel better by doing things that you enjoy and that are important to you. Sometimes when we’re feeling down or sad, we don’t feel like doing anything or we might not feel motivated to do the things we used to like to do. However, by starting to do those things again, even if it’s just a little bit at a time, we can start to feel better and more motivated. You could start by thinking of activities that you find rewarding and list them down here (2), then choose an activity that is most feasible to be incorporated into your current routine and put down a date and time for you to carry it out here (3). The idea is to try to engage in some of these activities again, even if for a short amount of time. I will link some references below for you to try out. It’s also important to note that therapy is a collaborative process, and I’d like to assure you that it is okay to communicate with your therapist about what is and what isn’t working for you in this recovery process.

I’d also like to address your concerns about getting too attached to your therapist. It is only natural to feel a strong connection with someone who provides you with emotional validation and support. However, the client-therapist relationship in therapy is one that is professional and should be maintained with clear boundaries. A good therapist will be able to help you navigate these boundaries while still offering you the support that you need in this time. I would encourage you to explore these concerns with your therapist so that you may work together to establish a healthy therapeutic relationship.

Lastly, I want to encourage you to continue seeking support and reaching out to those around you whom you trust and who care about you. It can be tough to open up and share about what you’re going through, but the people who love you would want to support and be there for you. You could also consider joining online support groups or continuing to lean on community forums such as this one to express your feelings, just as what you’ve done here. Your therapist should also be able to connect you with the appropriate resources and support as needed.

I’d like to end off by thanking you again for your courage in sharing. Please know that you are not alone, and that there is hope for healing and recovery for as long as you don’t give up on yourself. You’ve come a long way and we are here to support you. Feel free to follow up with any questions and thoughts, and I wish you well!

(1) Reduce Stress through Progressive Muscle Relaxation (3 of 3) - YouTube
(2) https://www.therapistaid.com/worksheets/activities-behavioral-activation
(3) https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/-/media/CCI/Mental-Health-Professionals/Depression/Depression-Worksheets/Depression-Worksheet---02---Behavioural-Activation.pdf

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for replying, I’m 16 turning 17. I think it’s got to do with my very bad self esteem. As for now I do talk to a therapist and I have been journaling for a very long time.

I’ll also agree with you on the part that I I prob need to talk to a non judgemental human being. However, I also realized that no one is non judgemental. I think it’s a recent self awareness kind of thing. I realized that people will judge you the moment they see you. I do judge too. And it just makes my environment around me super unsave and tense.

Maybe that’s also why I can never cry Infront of my therapist.
I feel like I can only share to a certain point.

This is extremely overwhelming and scary.

I’ll find the books and read them! I can do dis!

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Glad you seem to have found the cause of your troubles, as well as quickly understood that humans as a whole are judgemental.

Its not easy to, but learn to be unafraid. No one is perfect, and the more the other party judge and make noise, the more likely it is that they are just covering up their own insecurities. Learn to be bold, be unashamed, be dumb, make mistakes, because its the same for everyone - some just hide it better than others.

Hope you open up more to your therapist, ultimately he/she is the best person to help you. Everything in PnC, he/she probably saw worse patients :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Hello! thanks for being so kind to reply me :]. I love these resources and will go and take a look at them. I also felt very heard. So really, Thank you :d.

1 Like