i’m scared because i don’t know what’s wrong with me

i always feel really anxious about everything, but recently i feel that it has gotten worse. everything from the way i walk to the way i hold my pen to the way i write makes me feel as if someone will judge me. something as simple as having to say “excuse me” to walk through a crowd to get off the train/bus is an impossible task for me. i will start worrying and planning way before it’s my stop and i hate that feeling (especially the build up). i start feeling nauseous and stuff and it has really affected my daily life.
apart from that i have been crying over the most random things. ( i will go into detail if anyone’s willing to pm, bc i’m scared that someone will recognize me here haha) and i’ve been feeling extreme sadness to the point where i feel physical pain. i don’t get what’s making me sad because i’m really ok with my life now… other than these issues :confused:
often in school my mood can jump from really happy to just empty within a few minutes. my social battery will just drop to zero and i just want to go home. i also used to think of ending my life but just imaginary scenarios no actions, not because i’m sad or anything but more bc i didn’t see the purpose of living. however i’ll always get scared that i hurt the ones around me.
i really do want to seek professional help, however the thought of having to talk to someone is freaking me out and my palms are sweating just from picturing myself in a room with a stranger… i really want to get a diagnosis if possible so at least i know what’s wrong with me and maybe eat meds that can help, but i m not sure what to do…
it has been like this for a long time but just worse recently and i used to tell myself it’s probably normal but now i don’t think it is.
lastly i tend to avoid my problems a lot. i don’t want to reveal too much but i willing to go into detail in pm. any help is appreciated, thank you for reading it here, and i want to apologise if it is a mess because i did not plan this through

2 Likes

Hi @user787

First of all, thank you for sharing your feelings and experiences with us on this platform. It takes courage to open up about what you’re going through, and I commend you for your bravery. It sounds like you’re struggling with anxiety, mood swings, and intrusive thoughts, and I believe seeking professional help will be beneficial for you.

While it’s entirely understandable that talking to someone can be intimidating, especially if you’re experiencing social anxiety, a mental health professional can provide you with the support and guidance you need. You don’t have to go through this alone. Therapists and counselors are trained to help individuals with a wide range of emotional and mental health challenges. They can work with you to identify the underlying causes of your anxiety and mood swings and provide effective strategies to manage them.

For the first step, perhaps you can speak to your school counselor or any Family Service Centre that is within proximity to your home. You can let them know that you’re struggling emotionally and you need help – and they will be there to assess and support you. If the thought of speaking to someone in person is overwhelming, you may want to consider teletherapy or online counseling options, which can provide a degree of anonymity and comfort :blush:

When it comes to exploring medication options, it’s good to know that medication can be a helpful part of treatment for some individuals experiencing mood disorders and anxiety. However, only a psychiatrist (doctor with mental health training) can assess your symptoms and determine if medication might be appropriate for you. If you would like a diagnosis or more understanding about your symptoms, please read this: https://www.aic.sg/body-mind/get-mental-health-diagnosis

In the meantime, it’s essential to practice self-care and develop coping strategies to manage anxiety and mood swings. Simple relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing exercises, mindfulness, or progressive muscle relaxation, can help you reduce anxiety in the moment. Here are some helpful exercises that you can try:

1. Deep breathing: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

2. Reframe perspective: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

3. Stay positive: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

I want to affirm you again for your efforts in reaching out. Please remember that you are not alone in this, and there is support available for you. Regardless of how you choose to seek help, I encourage you to not give up on yourself and continue working on your mental health journey.

Nevertheless, we are here to hear you out :blush: Take care and keep us updated!

2 Likes

thank you so much! i will consider seeing a professional

2 Likes