I'm not sure what the hell is going wrong with me

I’m not sure what has been going on with me recently. Couple of weeks back, my mood was amazing. I woke up and feel great while preparing for my day. However for the past week, my mood has been so bad.

I wake up unsure of what I am feeling, and in a few hours time, I’ll get so tired and sleepy. I don’t even have the mood to even use my phone. I just want to lie down and stare at my ceiling, and sometimes, I’ll suddenly have a sense of anxiety rushing up, and I’ll feel like crying. When night comes, it becomes worse. I’ll blank out, no energy, don’t feel like talking, and even using the phone or watching TV becomes hard for me. I just don’t feel like doing anything and I feel so lonely. In the past, I would watch TV or scroll through my phone watching Youtube or Instagram, or watch anything funny. But now, I just laugh and immediately after that, I’ll feel lonely and sad. Not only that but any loud bangs that my neighbours make upstairs make my body tensed up and I’ll get so irritated and annoyed. In the past, I could try my best to ignore it, but now, I can’t seem to do that.

I’ll be honest, I thought it has something to do with the trees being trimmed around my block. All of the trees behind my block were trimmed down so much that it feels empty. And it’s around that time when I started feeling super down and have no energy to talk to anyone. I have no clue whether that is affecting me but I can’t think of anything else.

Honestly, I feel so tired and irritated now a days. I know there are things for me to look forward to, such as I am heading for an overseas trip soon, or I will be starting my new job soon. But I can’t seem to find the energy to look forward for either and I keep thinking of negative thing. What should I do?

1 Like

Hi @AnnTan

Firstly, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings here on this platform; it takes alot of courage to be vulnerable here and I commend you for that. I’m really glad you reached out to talk about what you’ve been experiencing lately.

I’m really sorry that you’ve been feeling confused, anxious, and having low moods as well. It sounds like you’ve been going through a tough time, and it’s completely okay to feel the way you do.

I want to affirm your efforts - that you’ve been noticing significant changes in your mood and energy levels, you do have a good sense of self-awareness. The contrast between how you felt a few weeks ago and how you’re feeling now can be quite disorienting and distressing, I would feel the same confusion too if I were you. The fact that you’re having difficulty finding joy in activities you used to enjoy, as well as experiencing anxiety and sadness, suggests that something is indeed affecting your emotional well-being.

One of the resources you can perhaps try here, is this mental health assessment tool: Take A Free Mental Health Self-Assessment Test | mindline.sg
It’s interesting because it helps you to have an idea of what you’re experiencing and it could point you in the right direction to seek further support.

Also, your observation about the trees being trimmed near your home is interesting! Changes in your environment can sometimes have an impact on your emotional state, as they can disrupt your sense of familiarity and comfort. It’s possible that this change has played a role in how you’re feeling, but it’s also essential to consider other factors that might be contributing to your mood.

I’m wondering - did something happen recently that caused you to feel so low? Could it be something that someone said earlier? Or did something in your life change, like a routine? Were there any recent losses or friendship/family issues in the past few days? Is the new job something that is a totally new field for you?

These are some questions you can think about to find out what could have triggered these low moods. It will also be good for you to process your thoughts with someone - it could be a friend or a family member that you could try to talk to.

I also want to encourage you to reach out to a mental health professional, such as a therapist or counselor, who can provide you with the support and guidance you need. They can help you explore the underlying causes of these changes in your mood, and together, you can work on strategies to manage and alleviate your symptoms. Therapy can be a safe space for you to express your feelings and gain a better understanding of what’s going on within you.

If you feel unsure about which therapist to talk to, you can try these few online options for a start:

1. Limitless : Talk To Someone - Limitless
  2. CPH chat : https://www.cphonlinecounselling.sg/hc/en-us
  3. IMH CHAT : https://www.imh.com.sg/CHAT/Pages/default.aspx
  4. ec2 : (http://ec2.sg/) : https://fycs.org/ec2-sg

In the meantime, try to be gentle with yourself. It’s okay to have moments of low energy and sadness, and it’s essential not to judge yourself for feeling this way. If you need help with being compassionate with yourself, try this activity: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

I would also encourage you to engage in self-care activities that you find comforting and soothing. For example, do you enjoy drawing or painting? Or maybe taking a walk in the park will help to ease your senses. You can also try to practice deep breathing when you feel overwhelmed: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

Last but not least, I encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts and feelings with us here on this platform as we are here with you. Please let us know how you’re doing and ask any question! We’ll be here to support you.

2 Likes