I want to stop wasting my life and be a better person

I have wasted 6 months of my life (from the start of Sep 2023 to the current day 13 Feb 2024) by staying at home and I am trying to cope with my mental health.

These 6 months serve as a deferment from my nursing course in poly. I am supposed to continue with my clinical posting this month but I decided to withdraw from nursing as I dislike it and I am afraid of trying and failing. (not a good reason but it is the truth)

So, now I don’t want to waste my time anymore and once I withdraw from my nursing course I will be left with N level only as I applied for nursing through PFP. (I know it is such a wasted opportunity that I do not graduate but I feel this is the best decision and I can do something that interests me)

I’m thinking of finding a PT/FT job after this.

1 Like

Not sure if taking care of your mental health is considered “wasting” your time but glad you’ve made a decision to move on with life.

What kind of job are you looking for? @user1005

I’m looking for maybe F&B or hospitality jobs

1 Like

That’s good - you seem to know what you want. Is F&B / hospitality something that you’d want to do in the long run?

Is your family supportive of your decisions?

1 Like

Hello @user1005 I don’t think its a waste of time when you are trying to figure yourself out and recalibrate in fact it is a good use of time to me heh :+1:

Also, I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting to move away from something you dislike in pursuit of what you want to explore but I do feel that it is important to have a proper exit plan first.

For example, if you have decided on F&B or Hospitalty have you listed out some possible places you can apply to ? Have you spoken to people close to you to get a second opinion? Or like should you want to go back to studying what are your options ?

Having a proper exit plan is not just for yourself to have a clearer picture and more certainty but it also gives your loved ones a peace of mind knowing that you are sure of your decision :blush:

Of course we are here to listen and help you process some of these questions so do let us know what are your thoughts about this as well heh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @user1005 I’m sure it’s not a waste of time when you’re trying to cope with mental health. It’s important to prioritize your mental health and well-being.

It’s clear that you’ve been through a challenging period, and it takes courage to reassess your path and make decisions that align with your true interests. This transition could be an excellent chance for personal growth and self-discovery.

I know PT/FT openings at Bedok & Upper Thomson area. Do reach me out if you’re interested. Best wishes and take care. X

3 Likes