I'm really tired and having a hard time

I really feel there is something wrong with me, idk what is. I’m really struggling with my emotions and mental state, but I’m in army. I’m really exhausted and can’t be in camp with my mind sane. I can’t explain the things that happen to me here but I really dont know what to do to help myself. I really need a break but I’m in army and my circumstances really isn’t making it easy. I really want to admit my mental condition and get out of army but i have not is because I still can’t dare to admit it. But i really do not know how much longer i can take… i really do not know what to do

2 Likes

Hi @Axroon6

Thank you for sharing with us here, and I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way. I can see that you’re going through a diffiuclt time, and it takes a lot of courage to reach out.

May I ask some questions for you to share more:

1. What specific aspects of your current situation in the army are contributing most to your emotional and mental struggles?

2. In envisioning an ideal scenario where you could address your mental health needs, what steps or changes would you ideally like to see happen in your professional and personal life?

Considering your situation, it might be helpful to take the following steps:

1. Speak to a Mental Health Professional: It’s important to talk to someone who can provide support and guidance. Please know that there are mental health professionals or counselors available. If you’re uncomfortable speaking with someone in your unit, you may also consider seeking external support, such as a private therapist or counselor.

2. Communicate with Your Chain of Command: If you’re comfortable, consider discussing your mental health concerns with someone in your chain of command. They may be able to provide assistance or direct you to appropriate resources. It’s essential to communicate openly about your struggles, as they may impact your ability to fulfill your duties effectively.

3. Explore Available Support Services: Perhaps you could explore the mental health services and resources provided by the army unit? There might be programs or assistance available that you’re not aware of, and these services are designed to support individuals facing the unique challenges of military life.

4. Consider Seeking a Medical Evaluation: If your mental health concerns are deeply impacting your ability to perform your duties, it might be appropriate to seek a medical evaluation. This can help determine the best course of action for your well-being.

Last but not least, I understand that it might feel overwhelming sometimes, so please do keep these numbers and contact them in case of emergency or in case you find yourself in crisis:

I want to encourage you - seeking help is a sign of strength, and there are people and resources available to support you no matter what you’re going through. Please do prioritize your mental health, and take the first step to ask for help.

Let us know how you’re coping and what steps you’ve taken to keep yourself balanced, we’ll hear from you soon.

1 Like

Regarding the first point, i honestly cant pinpoint it. I have alot on my plate, alot of matters im dealing with besides army. It always like I’m making excuses and blaming on everything else but myself, but its really reality and here i am typing it out on this platform.

The second point, I couldnt think so far ahead, the road ahead feels so dark that i cant tell what i hope to get or change about my life seeking help here.

I really think i have depression, I’m really saying it from the bottom of my heart deep down. Yet i cant take the first step. People would think i just want everything to fall on my lap, but im really exhausted everyday. I really am and i really dk what to do

1 Like