Im so tired

Im so tired and i feel so stupid. i feel like my future is gone, i should have studied harder. its getting harder to smile and stay happy, im exhuasted. i want to cry but i can’t, the tears won’t even come out. i don’t want to go to poly and be deemed stupider but i don’t want to go to jc and fail. i dont know, im so tired and i feel so dumb all the time. and my social anxiety is getting worse, i dont get big panic attacks like crying or shaking but i always feel like my heart is racing and the world is spinning

2 Likes

Hi @user958

Firstly, thank you for sharing with us your feelings of exhaustion and frustration, I hear you, and it sounds like you’re carrying a heavy burden right now. It takes a lot of courage to express these feelings, and I want you to know that your experiences are valid. Feeling tired, overwhelmed, and questioning your abilities can be really truly challenging. I want you to know that you’re not alone in this, and we are here to support you.

It’s okay to feel the way you do, and I want to encourage you that it’s not a reflection of your intelligence or worth as a person. Everyone faces obstacles, and it’s normal to have moments of self-doubt. It’s also okay to acknowledge that you’re finding it difficult to manage the pressure, as everyone has a limit or threshold to pressure too.

I am a little worried though, to hear about your social anxiety and the physical sensations you’re experiencing. Those feelings can be really tough to process. It might be helpful to explore these emotions further, either with someone you trust or a mental health professional who can provide support - would you please try to reach out to one near your home (e.g. through a Family Service Centre) or a school counsellor or someone online here?

1. Limitless : Talk To Someone - Limitless
  2. CPH chat : https://www.cphonlinecounselling.sg/hc/en-us
  3. IMH CHAT : Home - CHAT
  4. ec2.sg : https://fycs.org/ec2-sg
  5. Carey Bear: https://carey.carecorner.org.sg/

I also want to encourage you to try out these tools we have that may help you to manage these overwhelming feelings:

1. Have self-compassion - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  2. Reframe your thoughts and find new perspectives - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  3. Take deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

Remember, your future is not set in stone, and there are definitely different paths you can take. It’s never too late to make adjustments and find a way that feels right for you :slight_smile: Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as academic success!

Last but not least, please know that you don’t have to carry this weight alone, and seeking help is a sign of strength. We’re here to walk this path with you. Please keep us updated on how you’re coping. Hear from you soon.

2 Likes

Hello @user958, are you getting your O’level results tomorrow? If you are, all the best and I hope you get the results you were hoping for! I can imagine the stress that you’re going through.

Did you have past experiences that led you to think that you’ll be deemed stupider if you go to poly or that you’ll fail if you go to jc? It is a big decision to make but I think making the best out of whichever path is most crucial.

And also what like @cottonsoul said, whichever path you take is not a reflection of your intelligence or worth as a person. ← read this again :hugs:

1 Like

How did it go, @user958? Hope you got something that you wanted or better!

If you did, great - can choose what you like. Both JCs and Polys are great choices.

If you didn’t, you tried your best and it’s all over now - time to look forward and make the best possible next move.

Let us know! :smiling_face::smiling_face:

i guess i did okay, not what i wanted its fine. could’ve done way better though. i mean, i think it was okay? but my mum doesn’t think so but its okay! honestly idk how i feel

1 Like

Yeah there’s always room for improvement but I guess it’s time to make the next big decision - JC or Poly?

jc, i’ve thought of going to poly but my mum scolded me jc it is

All the best in your tertiary education journey @user958 ! Remember to find joy and happiness in learning, making friends and being a youth! Your grades are an important part of the journey but a larger part of this is self-discovery and finding out what it means to gain independence. Keep us updated on your new school life in time. Keep well till then!

2 Likes

Does your mom know why you wanna go poly or thought of going poly ?

1 Like