Is it mental illness

Is it mental illness or any diagnosis for Singing or talking to yourself when nobody is around but only you while you’re engaged in some activities such as questioning yourself while hiking, running or in between

2 Likes

I love being alone,I’m out of words when I meet people so I don’t want to talk with people and I don’t wanna make friends, I love doing something myself without helps , I don’t think I want anyone rn , that’s why I’m being end up still single, no friends, no family, but I’m doing good. Is it alright?

1 Like

Hi @san1 !

Thank you for asking that question, it’s a common question and misconception that singing or talking to yourself is a mental illness. To answer your question, it is not a mental illness if a person sings to the self or engages in self-talk :slight_smile:

It’s completely normal to engage in self-talk, especially during activities like hiking or running where you have time alone with your thoughts. Many people find that talking to themselves helps them process their thoughts, make decisions, or simply alleviate boredom. It can serve as a way to think through problems or simply enjoy your own company. Personally, I talk to myself and process a lot of my thoughts by myself too when I’m alone! :slight_smile:

If you’re finding that your self-talk is causing distress or interfering with your daily life, it might be helpful to speak with a mental health professional who can provide support and some insight. Remember, you’re not alone in experiencing this, and there’s no need to feel ashamed or worried about it :slight_smile:

Do let us know if you’re still worried, or if you have any other concerns you’d like to share. We’ll be here to journey with you!

Hey @san1 it’s completely okay to enjoy your own company and prioritize being alone if that’s what brings you comfort and fulfilment. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to socializing, and if being on your own feels right for you at this moment, then that’s valid.

However, it’s essential to ensure that your choice to be alone does not lead to isolation or negatively impact your mental well-being. If you find yourself feeling lonely or struggling emotionally, consider reaching out to a friend, family member, or even a mental health professional for support. Balancing alone time with meaningful connections can contribute to a well-rounded and fulfilling life. Remember, it’s about finding a balance that works for you and brings you happiness. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you. Take care. X

1 Like