Misunderstandings. Hopeless. Lost. Frustrated.

Was starting to type my problems but realised it can’t be explained throughly enough through words. It’s extremely lengthy and complicated. I need help. Desperately. I need someone to talk to. Please advise me where to go. There are too many options and places on Google. I can’t decide. It’s basically relationship issues stemming from many misunderstandings, miscommunications, lack in trust, broken trust, ptsd, depression, anxiety, bi polar, childhood trauma, broken family, no friends. That’s just off the top of my head the main issues.
What do I do. I can’t and don’t want to give this relationship up.

2 Likes

Hi @MusicBox

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and worries. I hear you, and it’s completely understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed and feel the need for guidance. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge these challenges, especially when they’re so intertwined and impactful. I want you to know that seeking help is a huge and positive step toward healing and finding solutions. You’re not alone in this.

Considering the complexity of your situation, a professional therapist or counselor can provide a safe, non-judgmental space for you to explore these issues. Start by seeking out a mental health professional, such as a therapist or psychologist, who specializes in the specific areas you mentioned—relationship issues, trauma, mental health concerns like PTSD, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. They can help you navigate and untangle these interwoven challenges.

There are various platforms and resources available to find a suitable therapist or counselor. There are a few options that I can share here with you:

1. Family service centres: SupportGoWhere

2. Online mental health options:
    a. Limitless : Talk To Someone - Limitless
    b. CPH chat : https://www.cphonlinecounselling.sg/hc/en-us
    c. IMH CHAT : Home - CHAT
    d. ec2.sg : https://fycs.org/ec2-sg

3. You can also seek out community health centers, local support groups, or hotlines could offer immediate support and guidance.

Remember, it’s okay to take your time in finding the right fit. Building a therapeutic relationship takes time and trust. It’s important to feel comfortable and understood by the professional you choose. Your well-being is a priority, and taking care of yourself is a courageous and vital step toward healing.

I highly encourage you to speak to a professional about your struggles. Do let us know how you’re coping and what you have decided to do! Take care and hear from you soon.

1 Like

Can you recommend more places? Perhaps private ones.

2 Likes

Hi @MusicBox !

I’m not able to recommend specifically which private practices you can try, but I would highly recommend that you do a search on the internet to see which therapist fits your style and personality. You can even request for a 10 min call to hear how the therapists sound like so that you’ll have a feel of their personality and style too!

I have a directory here for you to look through too if you’re keen:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @MusicBox

Here are some recommendation for private practice:

1. Talk your heart out (Find Therapists in Singapore | Best Therapy in Singapore)
  • Mostly counsellors though they’ve a few psychologists
  • You are able to view the therapist’s profile (what approach they ultilised eg. cbt, dbt, sfbt etc, the issues they are able to help in eg. depression, anxiety, personality disorder etc, mode of therapy ie. f2f, online, walk and talk etc)
  1. A space between (Private Counselling & Life Coaches In SG | Find A Therapist)
  • Psychologist, therapists, coaches
  • Again able to view therapist’s profile
  1. Annabelle Psychology (Clinical Psychology Clinic - 新加坡临床心理诊所 - Novena Singapore - Annabelle Psychology | Singapore's Leading Mental Health Practice)
  • Psychologist and therapist (art therapy)
  • Again able to view therapist’s profile

There are many other options out there but hope my recommendations helped a little, you can also view this article https://thehoneycombers.com/singapore/counselling-centres-in-singapore/ for more options.

Wishing you well in your search, hope you find someone who is able to help, take care! :slight_smile: