Quick Game - Would You Rather?

Hey everyone!

Let’s play a quick game of “Would You Rather” and see how our responses go! To answer the questions, simply copy and paste them and highlight your answer in bold! That’s all! :slight_smile:

Would you rather…

1. Have the ability to time travel to the past or the future?
  2. Have the power of invisibility or the ability to read minds?
  3. Explore the depths of the ocean in a submarine or journey into outer space in a spacecraft?
  4. Have the ability to speak and understand all languages or be a master of every musical instrument?
  5. Live in a world with no technology or a world with no nature (i.e., everything is artificial)?
  6. Always tell the truth but hurt people’s feelings or tell comforting lies?
  7. Be able to fly like a bird or be able to breathe underwater like a fish?
  8. Have a time machine that only goes into the past or a machine that only goes into the future?
  9. Have the power to control the weather or have the power to heal people’s illnesses?
  10. Have the ability to instantly learn and master any skill or have unlimited wealth?

Can’t wait to see how your answers are! :wink:

2 Likes

Feel free to argue with my points :joy: would love to see what other people think

• I would rather NOT mess with space and time. I have seen too many movie cliches where the world is messed up because one small thing changed in the past or future. I’m too scared of the risk :joy: Though I would still choose the past just to reminisce on the better days and be grateful for those times.
  1. Have the power of invisibility or the ability to read minds?
  • I don’t think the human mind was made to handle extremely raw emotions. If I knew what everyone in the world was thinking, I would probably lose my sanity :grinning: with great power comes great responsibility, and I know I don’t have that maturity to be bestowed such a great power. Invisibility is quick and convenient for mundane living, good enough for me :relieved:
  1. Explore the depths of the ocean in a submarine or journey into outer space in a spacecraft?
  • The big unknown is scary to me; I’d rather pass the offer to a more enthusiastic adventurer :joy: ahhhh I’m considering which has a less painful death, either an explosion in space or implosion underwater :skull: even with the titanic incident I might still choose the submarine, just because it’s closer to earth. Though you’ll be catching me praying for my life in the corner.
  1. Have the ability to speak and understand all languages or be a master of every musical instrument?
  • I love languages omg. Just the thought of breaking cultural barriers and unlocking the deeper connection that non-native speakers wouldn’t normally get when talking surface-level with a foreigner. Wow. And dying languages can be saved too. I know it’s only speaking so being literate is a different thing, but with technology I could also decode secret messages left by past civilisations?? Man, count me in.
  1. Live in a world with no technology or a world with no nature (i.e., everything is artificial)?
  • Simpler life. Not any easier but it’s more straightforward. No fiat currency, no having a second world online. Sure I would physically work way harder, but I think I would feel more satisfied and fulfilled as a person living with purpose.
  1. Always tell the truth but hurt people’s feelings or tell comforting lies?
  • I think if I can’t tell lies, I’ll just have to keep my mouth shut lol. I think the guilt of facing reality is better than the guilt of painting pictures that aren’t real.
  1. Be able to fly like a bird or be able to breathe underwater like a fish?
  • Breathe underwater so I can survive the submarine hahahaha
  1. Have a time machine that only goes into the past or a machine that only goes into the future?
  • I think you can tell the theme going on here of me preferring the past haha. Logically if I can only go back I would have to wait until the present arrives, but if I can only go forward I can never return back… so having the future time machine is like living in the present, just on 10x speed. You get what I mean?
  1. Have the power to control the weather or have the power to heal people’s illnesses?
  • I was very tempted to choose controlling the weather but seeee I don’t have the knowledge on how nature works, and it’s very sensitive to environmental changes. Could you imagine I made Singapore snow for a day and then next thing I know all the plants die? I would heal people’s illnesses, but I would be very very very careful when using it. I know I am almost playing with life and death… as a god fearing person I’d like to believe that even if I can heal people, there’s a divinely stipulated time where they must leave this world and I cannot control that.
  1. Have the ability to instantly learn and master any skill or have unlimited wealth?
  • A short and simple last one! Skills can get me money but money can’t get me skills :wink::wink:

Thank you, this was very fun :ok_woman:

4 Likes

Here’s mine! :comet:

• difficult choice but I’m kinda a curious person so I’d rather go to the future and see what happens next rather than dwell on the past.
  1. Have the power of invisibility or the ability to read minds?
  • another difficult choice but I think being able to read minds is probably more intellectually stimulating. At the same time, I’m also afraid that it’s too stimulating to be able to read everyone’s minds.
  1. Explore the depths of the ocean in a submarine or journey into outer space in a spacecraft?
  • for anyone who games, No Man’s Sky is a great way to explore the fictional space.
  1. Have the ability to speak and understand all languages or be a master of every musical instrument?
  • not musically inclined so going for the language option here
  1. Live in a world with no technology or a world with no nature (i.e., everything is artificial)?
  • I enjoy sci-fi and black mirror so I guess artificial is fine for me
  1. Always tell the truth but hurt people’s feelings or tell comforting lies?
  • Telling comforting lies is probably less taxing on my emotions
  1. Be able to fly like a bird or be able to breathe underwater like a fish?
  • Flying helps to reduce travel time so yes to being a bird 🪽
  1. Have a time machine that only goes into the past or a machine that only goes into the future?
  • same answer as 1.
  1. Have the power to control the weather or have the power to heal people’s illnesses?
  • this is kinda a no-brainer. I can’t think of anyone who would chose to control the weather over healing other people. :health_worker:
  1. Have the ability to instantly learn and master any skill or have unlimited wealth?
  • if I can learn how to master investing, I probably will have unlimited wealth anyway. :moneybag:
2 Likes

Omg I just realized we’re on opposite ends of the spectrum for almost all the questions! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

omg yes :joy: I would’ve chosen space if it meant going with your fatality-free alternative!

1 Like

I would rather…

1. Have the ability to time travel to the past
  2. Have the ability to read minds
  3. Journey into outer space in a spacecraft
  4. Have the ability to speak and understand all languages
  5. Live in a world with no technology
    6.Tell comforting lies
  6. Be able to fly like a bird
  7. Have a time machine that only goes into the past
  8. Have the power to heal people’s illnesses?
  9. Have the ability to instantly learn and master any skill
2 Likes