Starting to invest early?

I recently heard about a friend being able to afford a car because they have started investing since 4 years ago and feel happy for them, yet I really wish I could achieve the same as well. However, I don’t think I have any fundamentals in investing yet and I don’t really have a high-risk mindset.

1 Like

Hi @strawberryshortcake !

First of all, I’m so sorry for the delayed response to your post, you brought up a really interesting perspective and I appreciate you sharing your feelings and thoughts on this matter.

It’s completely natural to feel happy for your friend’s success while also feeling a desire to achieve similar financial goals, but let’s remember that everyone’s financial journey is unique, and comparing ourselves to others can sometimes lead to unnecessary stress or self-doubt.

Investing can be an excellent way to grow your wealth over time, but it’s crucial to approach it in a way that aligns with your own comfort level and financial situation. You mentioned not having a high-risk mindset, and that’s perfectly okay (honestly, I am on the low-risk side too!).

There are various investment options available that cater to different risk tolerances, from conservative to more aggressive strategies - so its important to find an approach that feels right for you and your financial goals.

Starting with the fundamentals of investing is an excellent first step :slight_smile: You can educate yourself by reading books, articles, or taking online courses on the subject. Building a solid foundation of knowledge will help you make informed decisions when you’re ready to begin your investment journey.

All in all, I feel that investing is a long-term commitment, and it’s okay to start small and gradually increase your investments as you become more comfortable. If you ever feel overwhelmed or uncertain about your financial decisions, it might be beneficial to consult with a financial advisor who can provide personalized guidance based on your unique circumstances and goals.

Ultimately, your financial journey is about making choices that align with your values and aspirations - not someone else’s :slight_smile: Don’t compare your own lifestyle, finances and journey with someone else. Take your time, be patient with yourself, and focus on your own path to financial well-being.

Let us know if you have any other thoughts on this!