Things I have learnt from oil painting 🖼

Hey everyone :wave: just wanna share some of my reflections from oil painting :framed_picture:

Overall it was an interesting experience and I’m glad I tried it regardless of how well I did for the class :blush:

Here are some things I have learnt:

1. It’s okay to make mistakes, take a break and come back to fix it when you are ready. For oil painting it is more forgiving when a mistake is made you can always paint over and redo the parts which you feel can be done btr.

2. It’s okay to ask for help too, tbh without the help of my lecturer I couldnt have improved my understanding of colours and my painting wouldnt have been what it is now.

3. While I was painting my landscape I kept focusing on getting as much details as possible that I forgot about the bigger picture. So the lesson learnt from this is that some times you have to take a step back to see how much progress you have made. :blush:

That’s all for now heh I’m looking forward to starting my next painting when I have the time heh :otter:

Meanwhile I’m curious to know what have you guys have learnt from art :art:

5 Likes

Hi @Otterly

To many what you mentioned might seem trivial however having gone thru life thus far there is wisdom to be learned here.

1. Everyone does mistakes even the best of us and there is a thing call redemption and atonement. Its not the end of world.

2. Yes agreed. I heard this quote from Simon Sinek that " If we were good at everything we wouldn’t need each other " Know when to seek help.

3.I am guilty of this and now im taking a step back to appreciate how far i ve come and Im sure that other need should too.

What ive learnt is that -
There is beauty and authenticity in the imperfections. Actually , that is what makes a piece more valuable. THe stories behind art.

Anyways, Hope you have been well and Lovely oil paintings :slight_smile:
Have an awesome week ahead :slight_smile:

2 Likes