Use Imposter Syndrome to Your Benefit!

Hi everyone!

I’ve been thinking about the term Imposter Syndrome and I happened to chance upon this video:

TED Talk by Mike Cannon-Brookes

Mike shared experience with imposter syndrome, despite achieving success in business. He also shared personal anecdotes of feeling like an imposter in various situations and reflects on how it’s a common feeling among many successful individuals.

One of my favourite things that he said was that it’s okay to feel out of one’s depth as long as you don’t freeze and instead use it as an opportunity to learn and improve. This was such an eye-opening statement for me to hear.

Here are some suggestions for dealing with Imposter Syndrome:

1. Embrace the feeling! Acknowledge that imposter syndrome is a common experience, even for accomplished individuals. It’s okay to feel this way :slight_smile:

2. Use it as motivation! Instead of letting imposter syndrome hold you back, use it as motivation to learn, grow, and improve in areas where you feel out of your depth. Don’t be afraid to seek advice and ask questions :slight_smile:

I do have some questions and I’m keen to know your thoughts!

1. Have you ever experienced imposter syndrome or felt like you didn’t belong in a particular situation? How did you handle it?

2. The speaker mentioned that feeling like an imposter is common among successful people. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?

Share with me your thoughts and ideas, and let’s discuss more about this!

1 Like