What am I suppose to feel & do?

I woke up crying in the middle of the night almost every night.
I am not afraid to share here, but I am afraid to tell people around me.
I feel like I am better off out of this world. I feel nobody for me to talk to, nobody understands what I am going through, and I feel nobody bothers as everyone is just busy living their life, and that is not wrong right…

1 Like

sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time right now.

1 Like

Hey, i’m sorry you’re going through a really tough time right now :frowning:
sometimes, instances like this feel mentally draining, and life feels the same – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, sunday and repeat…
Has there been anything going on lately that makes you feel like that? Any relationship, family or work / school issues that makes you feel overwhelmed, have negative thoughts or makes you feel “disconnected”? ’

if possible, perhaps you can try to focus on your inner feelings first – do the small things that make you happy, write down 5 things you’re grateful for each day, eat and sleep all you want. Sometimes, school / work makes it impossible to do so, so what you can do for now is go step by step :slight_smile: Don’t take more than you can’t handle, and focus on recovering first. Just know that you are loved and important, and you are worth :slight_smile:

If this problem persists and you constantly have negative thoughts, please do seek professional help okay?

1 Like

Hi @xxtyxx,

Thanks for coming on and sharing about your struggles - you sound like you’re losing hope and isolated. I’m sorry you’re going through this right now but whatever you’re thinking and feeling is valid given the circumstances :people_hugging:

It sounds like you’re wishing for a situation where you no longer need to confront the distress or pain… First off, I wanna commend you on your self-awareness and courage - for wanting to do something about it and not giving up! You mentioned feeling afraid to tell people, I’m curious about that - what’s holding you back here? Also, what led to those thoughts? Are you able to see if it’s trying to let you know something - like a desire that’s not met? Or something got taken away?

I wonder when did you start feeling this way? Did something recently happen to you? I hope you’ll feel OK to share here as the community is willing to listen and support you. Sometimes, it helps to take a step back, take a deep breath and just notice your feelings for what it is, despite the discomfort. We try to see feelings as good or bad/should or should’nt have to help us know what to feel (or give us a sense of certainty). However, feelings are neither those (as those are our judgment that we place upon them) so we express them, hopefully in a manner that is healthy and helpful. What do you do to express your feelings, and when you’re feeling down? :thinking:

At the same time, you can also try to be kind to yourself, and shift (to a more helpful) perspective. Not only that, it has been found helpful for our mood when we get some regular exercise, healthy and regular meals, stay hydrated, prioritise restful sleep, engage in a relaxing activity, practice gratitude, and stay connected to others. However, if you find it too distressing or overwhelming and you’re looking for professional assistance which is provided in a non-judgmental and safe setting, do consider:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Remember that you deserve and can get the necessary support you need. Until then, take care! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like