Am I being in denial?

I feel like sometimes i need help but i just can’t ask for help. I get sad for the little thing, overthinking at the smallest thing and being angry over nothing. I just feel like i don’t know if i need help. I feel like no one understands how i feel

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @soyateh. It must be frustrating to not get support when you need it. Are there any specifics you can share? Our community is here to listen :smiling_face:

i feel like sometimes i become depressed and overthink a lot. I will always question my values and is it worth even staying on earth :,)

1 Like

Hi @soyateh

Thank you for sharing your struggles, I hear you and it sounds ike you’re experiencing a lot of internal struggles right now, and it’s completely understandable to feel hesitant about reaching out for help. Feeling overwhelmed by emotions, even for seemingly small reasons, can be really difficult to manage on your own. It’s okay to feel unsure about whether you need help or not; many people also experience the same sense of uncertainty when it comes to seeking support.

I would like to ask a few more questions to understand you better, if you’re willing to share, let us know:

1. Can you share more about what might be making it difficult for you to ask for help when you feel like you need it?
  2. How do you typically cope with these feelings of sadness, overthinking, and anger when they arise?
  3. Have there been any specific experiences or situations that have made you feel like nobody understands how you’re feeling?

I hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like
  1. I fear that others will judge how i feel and pretend to comfort me. Saying things such as “cheer up, it will be fine” :,)

2. i have a bad habit, i like to pluck my finger/ankle skin. (these two areas of my body is very dry) idky it has become a thing

3. when others keep on trying to “argue” or “prove” that me feeling like this is wrong

1 Like

Hi @soyateh thanks for sharing your personal story. Everyone experiences emotions differently, and it’s important to acknowledge and validate your own feelings. If you are uncomfortable discussing your feelings with others, you might consider letting them know what kind of support you need, like telling them that you just need someone to listen without judgment. You deserve to be heard and supported. Take care, :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @soyateh

I hear you. It sounds like you’re going through a lot, and I can completely understand how it feels to be worried about how others might perceive your emotions. It’s tough when people try to dismiss your feelings with well-meaning but ultimately unhelpful words like “cheer up.” Your emotions are valid, and it’s okay to feel how you feel.

As for your habit of plucking your skin, it seems like it might be a way for you to cope with something, maybe stress or anxiety. It is actually common for people to develop habits like this when they’re struggling. Have you thought about finding healthier coping mechanisms or seeking support to address the root of what’s bothering you? It could be helpful to talk to someone who can listen without judgment and offer guidance on managing your emotions and finding healthier ways to cope.

I would really like to encourage you to seek support from a mental health professional, for example you could walk in to a nearby Family Service Centre or speak to one online:

Please know that you are not alone and we are still here to support you. Let us know if you have managed to reach out to any of these professionals ok?

1 Like

I get you, this is kinda common unfortunately. They’re probably trying to help but they don’t know how to. Maybe professionals might do better in addressing such situations. Have you considered speaking to a school counselor (if you’re still in school) or your company’s employee assistance program (if you’re working)?

@cottonsoul gave some good suggestions on community support too - can consider trying them out.

Otherwise can always just let us know how you feel here. We may not be able to fully help you but there’s no judgement here. :smiling_face: