Crying and crying

Why does no one gets me :sob::sob: I feel so tired and drained yet my fam ask me to work all day - working and studying aiant easy it’s so stressful :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Hey there :”( Sounds like it has been a very taxing period for you, physically and emotionally. Coping with studies alone is already very demanding, I can’t imagine how stretched you must be, having to work on top of studying. While that is very incredible, we are all not superhumans and we do need time to ourselves to rest as well!

I’m glad that you feel comfortable enough to voice out your struggles here. I feel concerned for your well-being, how have you been juggling both work and studies and how have these commitments affected you?

3 Likes

Affected me A lot - I’m so tired and I can’t really rest :sob::sob::sob::sob: even at night when I want to sleep - I keep thinking about everything and I cannot rest

1 Like

I am also passing through the same thing but one thing that i realised we must change our attitudes to positive and if we do these things positively we shall overcome them because the problems we have are not the problems but the attitudes we develop towards the problems are the problems.

2 Likes

i tried that to do that too but its not the outcome i want and im much more tired in the end, i think being positive will also come to a point where you are so tired and you just want to give up- i reach that point and i still push through and i am much more burnt out than ever

1 Like

I think you should try listening to summons please forgive me if your not christian but in most cases when you listen to them and read God’s word it gives you strength to keep going and it also brings peace. I have tried it and i think it is the best solution. For it is written in the Bible that Come to me(God) all of you that are tired and i will give you rest. Try speaking to God and He will surely give you a solution.

2 Likes

i did that and i still feel drain- i just feel like everything is pointless at times, how many therapy sessions will i be then ok :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Do not give up keep on pushing.

2 Likes

What do you enjoy doing @Jelfel? Maybe having planned breaks to do things you like can help you alleviate some of this burn out.

1 Like

i honestly have no mood doing what i like already :sob: :sob: :sob: its really so hard pulling myself out of bed already so i feel its really so tough doing what i like even more cuz i have no mood

1 Like

That sounds a lot to go through, I’m so sorry to hear, you don’t deserve to be struggling this hard. I’m glad that you have tried ways to help yourself feel better. Hear that it has not been working out very well for you – totally get how frustrating and tiring that can make you feel. You are very strong and I am so proud of you for trying all that you can. Who else knows what you are going through at the moment?

https://mindline.sg/home – linking a resource here for you! Hope it helps, even if it’s just a little, and update how it goes!

3 Likes

thank you for being proud of me when im not proud of myself and not many people know about what im going through - im not that strong as you think, i always feel so weak and dumb so i dont dare to tell many people cuz i have many friends who judge and i dont really regard them as real friends too

also the resource that you link @sunflowersnsunshine is so cool!! thanks for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @Jelfel !

First of all, I’m extremely sorry about the late response! Sometimes we get so swamped with the number of questions here on the forum that we don’t have much time to respond, but I’m glad I made it here finally! So sorry for the long wait :slight_smile:

Next, I just want to say that I’m so proud of you for being so real and honest here about how you feel! I get that you feel tired and it is exhausting for you, especially when no one seems to understand you well. Sometimes it can affect us and our sleep, sometimes it can affect our appetite as well. Some days we can feel weak too, and I think that’s completely normal - I would feel the same if I were you.

I’m not sure how you’re coping at this point (it’s Sept already!) but it’ll be good for you to have a short check-in point to see how you’re managing things, perhaps you can try this quick assessment and curate your own personalised list of resources to help you through difficult times! :slight_smile: I personally find it quite useful :slight_smile:

Self Assessment - Take A Free Mental Health Self-Assessment Test | mindline.sg

Other than that, I hope you’re coping and doing okay so far! Please do drop another comment to share with us how you’re doing, and if things have gotten better for you. Remember, we’re here for you!

Take care!

hello @cottonsoul i understand the reason for late response - im glad you replied too :slight_smile:
im coping with personal life still ok, work is a issue now cuz new boss and trying to mirco-manage us so its to the point everyone hates it and yes life has just gone havoc
thanks for being here for me esp when i need it thou it may take awhile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HEY girl- its fine to feel like this becoz everyone actually feels like this when they r stressed. there was actually once i had to study fr literally 10 hrs with no dinner. i think u should talk to your parents, and tell them that you really need a break.
or heres what else you could do. You could study for 25 mins, and then rest for 10 mins, then keep continuing. i hope this helps u!

2 Likes

I used to do that till I got lazy to do work :joy::joy: opps :joy: yes so that’s why I push myself so much and I am so hard on myself :cold_face::smirk: Hais what a bad habit :sob: but thank you for suggesting :ok_woman:t2: I ever said to my parents and only got scolded hence I start bottling up and spiraling down :cold_face::sob::melting_face:

Hi @Jelfel

It definitely sounds tiring and draining having to study and work at the same time especially because both tasks can take up huge amounts of energy.

I’m sorry to hear your family is not understanding but I do hope that you do listen to your body and take rest when you need because from the conversation that I’ve read, you sound like you’re overwhelmed from being overloaded.

I hear you on your new manager and was wondering if you have any colleagues that you’re closed with that you can turn to for support. I find talking to my colleagues helpful, sometimes during break or after work, we’ll gather in the staff lounge and have a conversation, sometimes especially after a tough day (because we’re in the service line), we will rant to each other :rofl:

Also is there any way you can incorporate self care into your work especially during your break to take your mind off work?

Sometimes what I do and what my colleagues does too is to watch shows on Netflix/ Disney+ to kind of unwind/ take our mind off work for that short while. Some of us like to read and even play games, sometimes I bring my Nintendo switch with me to work.

1 Like