fear of men

Hi! It is very difficult for me to interacting with males 1 to 1 and I am very nervous till my body is shaking

3 Likes

Hi @lily17

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I hear you. It sounds like you’re experiencing a lot of anxiety when it comes to interacting with males one-on-one. I do have some questions I’d like to ask, so that I can understand your situation better and give you the best advice moving forward.

1. Can you tell me more about what triggers these feelings for you? Is there a specific thing (e.g. the looks, the voice, the proximity, etc) of interacting with males that makes you nervous?
  2. What are some of the other feelings and thoughts besides nervousness that you experience when interacting with males?
  3. Can you share what other symptoms (physiological or psychological) or reactions you experience also?

I’ve asked these as it would help us to explore further, and understanding the root cause might help us figure out how to make these interactions less overwhelming. And remember, you’re not alone in feeling this way. Many people struggle with similar challenges, and there are ways to work through it together.

I hope to hear from you soon.

2 Likes

Hi!

1. I am scared I am taken advantage of as males have more strength than women.

2. I feel a bit uncomfortable with interacting with them.

3. Whenever I am interacting with them, either my hands/body is shaking due to my fear.

3 Likes

Hi @lily17

Thank you for sharing and I hear your fear. Have you always had this fear (from young) and did anything happen that contributed to this fear?

2 Likes

I had this fear 3 years ago. But it wasn’t that severe. I don’t know whether if it is influenced by my dad or not as my dad would bang on my door very loudy when he is very angry at me.

1 Like

I see, have you shared this fear with anyone?

1 Like

Hi @lily17

I hear you, and thank you for answering these questions. It’s completely understandable to feel scared and uncomfortable in situations where you perceive a power imbalance, especially when it comes to physical strength differences. I can imagine how it feels to be vulnerable or intimidated by someone who has more physical strength, and your responses are natural in wanting to protect yourself.

I want to emphasize this - please prioritize your safety and well-being in any interaction, and if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, it’s okay to remove yourself from the situation or seek support from others (such as another person nearby or someone you feel comfortable with)

If you find that your fear is impacting your ability to interact with men comfortably, I highly encourage you to explore these feelings further with a therapist or counselor. They can provide a safe space for you to process your emotions, identify any underlying causes of your fear, and develop coping strategies to manage it.

In the meantime, please remember that you are not alone in feeling this way, and it’s okay to take things at your own pace. We are here to support you.

2 Likes