Feeling overwhelmed by a lot of projects due this term

as soon as term 1 was coming to an end, new projects started to pop up and there is a lot to work on, while i also have to juggle self-study and to do lectures and tutorials. while doing project discussions, my group mates also get confused because we are handling so many projects simultaneously. even though i have a lot of free time, i get so overwhelmed that i procrastinate a lot more these days. any suggestions on how to overcome this?

1 Like

Oh don’t worry . All of us are also feeling the same way. Maybe u can try talking to ur friends about it and see how they can help u cope ?

2 Likes

hi @vanillaicecream i agree with you that it is not easy juggling projects and it feels never-ending. what worked for me is that i arrange my time so that i could still have time to rest and do work. i try to get work done so it feels like there is progress so maybe today i work on project A then tomorrow project B, so i split my time for each project. as for lectures i sometimes do not watch it but i would read through the slides to gain an understanding before going for tutorial. when you feel overwhelmed, i suggest that you take can breaks in between, do what you like or to rest for abit before getting back to work. i’m sharing what worked for me but you may have a different style so you should try finding out what suits you best! i hope this helps:)

2 Likes

@vanillaicecream Yes, feeling overwhelmed is very normal. I do feel this way sometimes too :slight_smile:
What I do to counter this feeling and not let it consume me is to have good time management. Having a lot of free time is great; instead of thinking that you are procrastinating. Why not look at it differently, as you have time to yourself to rest and recuperate.
I know it is easier said than done, but whenever I am struggling
with school work or doubt, I would js drop my lecturer a message. They would be more than happy to help.
All the best! You got this :heart:

2 Likes