feels so lonely

honestly i really don’t know what’s wrong with me either. i can’t even express my feelings in words. but recently it feels very lonely. i have many friends but whenever im going through a tough time, i cant seem to think of anyone to run to. yes, there are a few people i go to when i need to rant about casual things. but when these people are so busy with their own lives and problems, i cant bring myself to ask for help from them. im starting to develop many bad habits, i lose so much energy and sleep. i dont even have the energy to say positive things to myself. right now, i keep procrastinating because i dont have the energy to do the things i need to do. it sucks because life goes on and there are things that must be done no matter what, but i just dont feel like doing anything. right now it feels as if im confused with everything, nothing feels right. any advice?

3 Likes

Hey @babymochii :wave: hmmm what are you going through now ? If you dont mind sharing like issit school or work ?

Sometimes when I am overwhelmed and burnt out I tend to revert to a point where I dont want to move its like my fight or flight response is triggering flight where I wanna escape my issues :confused: Not sure if this is similar to what you’re feeling ?

1 Like

Hi @babymochii

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts, I hear you, and it sounds like you’re going through a really tough time. I want to acknowledge the courage it takes to open up about what you’re experiencing. Feeling lonely, even when surrounded by friends, can be very isolating (I know how that feels!). It’s tough when those around us are preoccupied with their own lives and struggles, leaving us feeling like there’s no one to turn to.

I think it’s common to develop bad habits and lose energy and sleep in response to feeling overwhelmed and disconnected. I can also understand that it’s difficult to muster up the motivation to take care of yourself or tackle tasks when you’re feeling this way.

You mentioned feeling confused and uncertain about everything, and it’s completely valid to feel that way when you’re struggling with your mental health. I want you to know that you’re not alone in this, and we are here with you.

One suggestion is to focus on your self-care, even if it feels hard to do so at first. This could mean setting small, achievable goals for yourself each day, such as getting enough sleep, eating nourishing meals, and engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, even if it’s just for a few minutes at a time :slight_smile:

Additionally, please do consider reaching out to a mental health professional to help you process these difficult emotions and develop healthier ways of coping with stress and loneliness. Here are some options you can try:

Lastly, please remember that it’s okay to ask for help and support! Your friends may not be aware of what you’re going through, and reaching out to them could open up the opportunity for deeper connections and understanding.

Let us know if you’ve reached out to any mental health professional who can journey with you, and remember we’re here to support you too.

Please keep us updated on how you’re coping! Hear from you soon ok?

1 Like

Is ok not to be ok, you aren’t alone.

1 Like

Hello @babymochii , thanks for sharing with us and being vulnerable with your emotions…

What may be helpful is for you to take time off and really engage in activities that give you life - it can be drawing, scrapbooking, going for a hike, or any other activities - so that you can recharge yourself and feel better.

Once you’ve taken a full day to relax and clear your mind, tell yourself that you’re going to set " small, achievable goals for yourself " just as @cottonsoul suggested earlier. This is really helpful, especially when tasks can get very daunting at times.

Hope you feel better soon. There’ll be a rainbow at the end of every storm :rainbow:

1 Like