I don’t know what I’m feeling

Has anyone ever felt severely unmotivated but also inspired at the same time, I’ve recently had many goals in wanting to learn something but I also feel that it’s pointless or maybe I’m just being lazy. I’m not sure what I’m doing anymore and my mind just feel like it’s spacing out, almost like it is in its own world at this point and I can’t focus on anything, not wanting to do anything or feel like escaping by taking long bus rides. I’m just very lost right now, I’m currently having a break from school but I just feel very bored. Recently I’ve read up and am interested in hypnosis, which also makes me wonder if I’ve accidentally hypnotised myself but don’t know, it’s just that dissociating feeling that I’m losing my mind to being stuck in my fantasy. I’m just confused….I’m not exactly stressed but I’m also not taking care of myself too, I tend to have eating issues and eat really little or have no appetite, this usually happens when I’m stressed but I’m not….what is happening?

2 Likes

Hi @Hidden thanks for sharing what you are going through. Have you tried speaking to a counsellor or psychologist about what you are experiencing? They may be able to assess if you need more help or support. You can also try this online assessment as a first step - https://www.mindline.sg/youth/assessment

1 Like

Hi @Hidden

Thanks for sharing about what has been bothering you. Believe it or not, I was in a similar state of being unmotivated yet feeling like I should be doing so many things. It was overwhelming for me personally and I could only guess the same for you.

Do you have a list of the things that you want to learn? What I found helpful last year was trying to categorise those things according to their difficulty and my interest level. After doing that I’ll first start on something that’s relatively easy yet fun for myself. This would help to kill 2 birds with 1 stone as you get to learn something new from your list while enjoying the process! Perhaps you could give it a try and see if there’s something on your list that falls into that category!
grid

Otherwise, it is totally okay to not do anything as well. Maybe it is your body telling you that you needed rest on your break from school. :sleeping: I hope you know that you don’t have to be doing so many things just because your peers are doing so. You are on your own path and I hope you’ll enjoy the journey as you get to your end goal! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Hi @Hidden, thank you for being so honest and authentic with your feelings here. I truly appreciate the realness! I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling unmotivated, lost and even stressed… But I want to assure you that what you’re experiencing is not uncommon, and many people go through phases where they feel a mix of motivation and lack of focus or purpose. It’s like your mind is in a state of flux, and it’s okay to feel lost and confused during such times.

When you feel unmotivated yet inspired, it can sometimes be a sign that you have aspirations or goals that you’re passionate about, but something may be blocking your ability to pursue them fully. It might be helpful to explore these feelings and understand what might be causing this inner conflict. One of the ways you can explore the feelings is through journaling – ask yourself questions such as “Where is this feeling coming from? Was there something that triggered this stuckness? When was the last time I felt this way? How did I overcome the last situation?”

Another way you can process these emotions is when you reach out to a mental health professional who can guide you through step by step- working through the thoughts and feelings and helping you find the root issue. There’s really no shame in seeking support when we need to! :blush:

Please also remember to prioritize your self-care! :blush: It’s so important for us to eat and move well, because these are the basic blocks of life that sustains us.

Meanwhile, I would like to share some tools and strategies that you can try out whenever you’re feeling unmotivated or lost, and I hope these will help alleviate the stress a little!

1. Finding different or new perspectives: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  2. Boost your mood with some positivity! Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  3. Mindfulness body scan: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

Most of all, please know that you’re not alone in this, and there is support available to help you gain clarity, manage your emotions, and work toward a more balanced and fulfilling life. Your well-being is important!

1 Like