I feel like I have severe death anxiety and cardio phobia but i always think that it is a life threatening thint

On 31 December 2023, someone I was super close to (my uncle) passed away suddenly. I was super shaken by the news and I could not stop thinking about it. This happened for a few days before anything. On the Saturday after that fateful day, I was running some errands until i felt tightness in my chest and i immediately went to the doctor and he said I have anxiety because all my blood pressure and oxygen levels were healthy. Since that day on I have always been experiencing a few heat attack like symptoms episodes and I have been super nervous by that and I also started worrying about death.

1 Like

Hi @speedy

Thank you for sharing with us your struggles, and I’m truly sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle and the subsequent challenges you’ve been facing. Grieving and experiencing anxiety can be incredibly overwhelming. First and foremost, please allow yourself the space to grieve and acknowledge your emotions. It’s okay not to have it all figured out right away.

As you process this difficult time, here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Seek Professional Support: I highly encourage you to consider talking to a therapist or counselor who specializes in grief and anxiety. They can provide a safe space for you to express your feelings, explore coping mechanisms, and work through the anxiety that has emerged since your uncle’s passing. Here are some ways you can seek professional support to process your grief:

Limitless : Talk To Someone - Limitless
CPH chat : https://www.cphonlinecounselling.sg/hc/en-us
IMH CHAT : Home - CHAT
ec2.sg : https://fycs.org/ec2-sg

1. Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques: Incorporate mindfulness and relaxation exercises into your daily routine. Practices like deep breathing, meditation, or even simple grounding techniques can help alleviate the physical symptoms of anxiety. These tools can empower you to regain a sense of control and manage the anxiety episodes more effectively.

Remember, healing takes time, and it’s okay to ask for support :slight_smile: You’re not alone in this journey, we are here to support you. Please do let us know if you have any questions, we’ll be here to help.

Let us know how you’re doing? Hear from you again soon.