Uneasy feeling

Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen? I am unable to sleep and think straight.

2 Likes

I have been feeling like something bad is about to happen and this is making me feel very anxious.

2 Likes

Hi @troubleadult

Thank you for sharing your worries with us here, we are here to support you.

It’s completely understandable to feel this way, and I want you to know that you’re not alone in experiencing these emotions. It’s really tough when our minds get caught up in a cycle of worrying about something bad happening. Not being able to sleep or think clearly can be incredibly distressing, so it makes sense that you feel anxious and worried.

I’d like to ask a few questions to process this together:

1. When did these feelings start for you?
  2. Have there been any specific events or changes in your life recently that might have triggered these thoughts and impacted your ability to sleep or focus?
  3. Have you noticed any specific triggers or situations that seem to intensify this feeling of impending doom?
  4. What are some ways you’ve tried to cope with these anxious thoughts?

In the meantime, I would like to offer you some helpful strategies so that you can try them out when you feel overwhelmed:

Let us know more information about what’s been going on for you, as we would really love to support you further. You are not alone, and please update us soon.

1 Like

This has happened last 2 months ago, my dad passed on and it has impacted me for a while.

Besides that, I am not liking my colleagues in the office; I sense they do not like me

2 Likes

Hi @troubleadult

I’m truly sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one, especially a parent, is an incredibly challenging period for anyone, and it’s completely normal to feel its impact for an extended period. Grieving is a unique journey for each person, and there’s no timeline for healing. I encourage you to seek professional support if you feel that the loss of your father has impacted your daily life, as therapy can help in the process of grieving too. At the same time, I also encourage you to pace yourself while you grieve – remember there’s no right way to grieve, everyone grieves in different ways, but the important thing is to allow yourself to grieve. If you need someone to journey with you as you grieve, please do reach out to a mental health professional.

Regarding your feelings towards your colleagues, that’s a tough situation to navigate. I can imagine how feeling disconnected or disliked at work can be very unsettling. I can hear how you would like to feel supported and valued in a professional environment. Sometimes, the dynamics among colleagues can be complex, and perceptions might not always align with reality.

I have some suggestions that might help you to manage your situation at work:

1. Open Communication: You can consider having an open and honest conversation with your colleagues. Sometimes, misunderstandings or miscommunications can lead to a feeling of being disliked. I encourage you to try expressing your feelings in a non-confrontational way, and be open to listening to their perspectives. This can potentially clear the air and foster better understanding among you and your colleagues. If you’re not sure how to start, try out this tool, it can be helpful for difficult conversations: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

2. Focus on Positive Interactions: Try to focus on positive interactions and build connections with those you feel more comfortable around. It’s natural to resonate with some colleagues more than others. When you strengthen these connections, it might help you feel more supported and less affected by any negative vibes you might be perceiving.

3. Seek Support or Mediation: If the situation doesn’t improve or feels unmanageable, it might be helpful to seek support from a supervisor or HR. Sometimes, a mediator can help facilitate conversations or provide guidance to improve the work environment. We all know how important it is to feel valued and respected in the workplace, and addressing these concerns can contribute to a healthier work atmosphere.

Although these strategies might not solve everything immediately, but they can be steps toward creating a more positive work environment. Again, I empathize with you - your feelings are totally valid, and I hope you will continue to process these issues (both grief and work setting) to encourage healing for your personal journey.

Do keep us updated on your next steps and let us know how you’re doing, hear from you soon.

1 Like

I echo this, @troubleadult - it’s seems like you’re processing the grief from the loss of your father in a way that is making you feel very uneasy. How are your other family members taking it? Perhaps talking about this with your immediate family members who are also processing this grief could help.