I think i need help but got ive got no one

I always feel so anxious about everything. I feel like every aspect of my life is going badly. I think i really hate myself. Everytime i try to get better and try to improve, i feel like im just distracting myself and lying to myself that im ok. I want to find help because i dont think i can get better by myself but its so scary opening up to others and i dont think anyone cares enough to help me. I went to the school counselor once a few years ago and i was just silent throughout because i felt too awkward and scared to say anything.

1 Like

Hello @wannagetbetter, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way, but I’m glad you reached out. It takes courage to open up about your feelings. It’s important to remember that you don’t have to go through this alone, and there are ways to help you feel better.

Do you have friends or family members that you can talk to? While opening up can be scary, consider talking to a trusted friend or family member about your struggles. Sometimes, those closest to us are more supportive than we think. They may not be aware of how you’re feeling unless you tell them. If talking face-to-face is hard, maybe try texting someone close to you. :iphone:

You mentioned seeing a school counselor in the past, but it didn’t go well. That’s okay; it can be challenging to open up at first. However, I encourage you to give it another try or seek out a therapist or counselor outside of school. They are trained to help you navigate your feelings and provide a safe, non-judgmental space.

Remember that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness. You deserve support and assistance on your journey to feeling better. You are not alone in this, our community is here for you and there is hope for improvement. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Hi @wannagetbetter,

First of all, I love the username. It shows your desire for positive change! I’m encouraged by that. Secondly, I’m really so sorry that you’re experiencing anxiety in almost every part of your life as you described, and you also feel worried about opening up to others. I want to say that it really takes strength to open up about the challenges you’re facing, especially when there’s self-doubt weighing heavily on you. I can imagine how anxious you might be feeling, and it’s normal for people to struggle with these moments of self-doubt and anxiety. I commend you for your bravery for sharing on this platform.

I want to encourage you that you’re not alone in this, and perhaps it’ll be good to try out these suggestions for yourself:

Most importantly, I encourage you to stay open to receiving help. Sometimes it does take a few attempts to find the most suitable and right therapist for yourself, it’ll take awhile to be comfortable. Don’t be discouraged by a previous experience, as I believe there are many professionals who genuinely care for you and want to help you.

Remember that you are deserving of help and support, and your well-being matters. Your feelings are valid, and there are people who genuinely care about your well-being, even if it doesn’t always feel that way. Taking the first step toward seeking help is a significant and brave decision.

Please take care and continue to reach out if you need more support!

1 Like

hey, dont feel bad for urself. you should always take a break after a long time of studying!

1 Like

Hey @wannagetbetter

It pains me to hear what you’re going through.

I’d just wanted to encourage you to give counselling another shot because one bad experience doesn’t determine all your future experiences will be bad too. It takes time to open up and it’s okay to struggle opening up, sometimes I find myself unable to speak during sessions too because I’m just too overwhelmed. What might help is if you write down what you wanted to share before coming to session or if you’d suddenly blanked out during session, maybe you could bring a notebook and pen to communicate during sessions.

Really hope you’d give counselling another chance because it can definitely help and I really wish you well!

1 Like