Should I ask for help?

I don’t know, I’ve been dealing with so many things and I just don’t know what to do. I get panic attacks and last week was just a tough, so I don’t know what was going on in my head at that time but I punched a wall and it was supposed to hurt right? But I honestly felt like I deserved it, so I did it again and again. Surely that’s not healthy. But I don’t know. It’s turning into abit of a coping mechanism I guess? Whenever I have a panic attacks I just get angry after. I don’t know how to explain it. It’s like I’m angry, but scared. I’m not even angry at anyone, just myself. I honestly don’t know what to think anymore.

But the thing is, asking for help is not that easy. Past experiences with counselors did not go very well. I also don’t want people to think I’m crazy, the only people I’ve seen who go to the counselors are the quiet kids, the ones with no friends. I don’t know.

I have spoken out to my friends about this, but it honestly took a lot for me to open up to people. I still find it extremely difficult. And even if I do open up, I just cover up how damaged I am with laughter and jokes. I mean the topic itself is not funny but adding some humour makes it easier for me to redirect the topic if I decide to bail on the conversation.

I just need advice. Should I talk to a counselor? I don’t want to do it during school hours though. I hate the thought of having to walk out of class with a counselor. I could ask if there are after school slots. Maybe not. I’m on the fence about this whole “counselor" thing.

1 Like

yes for school counselor, would be even better if ur parents can afford a therapist for u. i used to have ur punching wall thingy too. Change it to running whenever u want to punch a wall. worked for me

1 Like

Hey @anonymous423,

It sounds like you’ve been carrying a lot, and those panic attacks mixed with anger are clearly taking a toll. I know you mentioned hitting the wall as a way to cope—it might not feel healthy, and you’re right, it’s not—but you deserve to find other ways to manage those emotions without hurting yourself.

It’s also really brave that you’ve spoken out to your friends about how you feel, even if it’s hard to open up. Humor is a way to shield yourself from feeling too exposed, but I want to remind you that your feelings—no matter how intense—are important and deserve attention.

About the counselor thing—you’re not crazy, and you’re not alone in feeling unsure about it. It’s really common for a lot of people feel that like counseling is only for a certain type of person or to worry about being judged way before they seek help.

Counseling doesn’t have to be during school hours; you could explore if there are after-school slots that fit better for you. And it’s okay to feel on the fence about it—taking that step can feel big, but you don’t have to decide everything right away.

One thing that stood out is that you’re not angry at anyone else, but you’re directing that anger inward, toward yourself. That can be really tough to deal with. Have you ever thought about why that happens—why you feel like you deserve the pain? Sometimes when we go through a lot, it’s easy to blame ourselves. But you don’t deserve to hurt yourself like this.

I think it’s important to explore healthier ways to manage those feelings when they hit. Whether it’s finding a safe way to release that anger or having someone who can help you work through what’s going on in your head, you deserve that space to process. If you feel comfortable, you could start by talking to a counselor, and remember—you don’t have to do it alone.

Take your time with all this, and remember, your struggles are valid, and you deserve the support, just like anyone else.

1 Like