IDK what to put here

I tend to scratch my wrists a lot whenever I’m feeling my social anxiety kicking in or when my parents keep saying being bisexual is bad and stuff when I bring up the topic. Sometimes I wish I could lend them my fears or thoughts or fears…

2 Likes

Hello @user1039 hais yeah it can sometimes get frustrating when parents are not ready to listen or insistent on their views especially when it is different from yours :disappointed_relieved:

Hmmm I do notice sometimes when I am nervous i would tend to pluck on my callouses. When I realise i am doing that I snap back and take deep breaths. Not sure if it helps but maybe you can try ?

Other than that perhaps can try get a middle person such as a professional to help mediate between you and your parents when they are more ready too.

It’s a long journey and it takes time but I think at the end of the day your parents still love you and we are here to listen to you :people_hugging:

Hi @user1039

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, I hear you and I’m really sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this. It sounds like you’re going through a tough time with your social anxiety and also feeling hurt by your parents’ reactions to your sexuality.

I can imagine that it must be very hard to cope with those feelings, especially when it feels like you can’t express yourself freely or find understanding from the people closest to you. It’s completely normal to wish for understanding and acceptance from those we care about - I would feel the same too if I were you.

I was wondering if it’s possible for you to share more with us, perhaps take some time to reflect on these questions and answer them when you’re able to? :slight_smile:

1. How else do you think you can try to cope with the physical manifestation of your anxiety, instead of scratching your wrists? Are there other coping mechanisms you’ve found helpful in managing these moments?

2. Do you have any other support system that you can confide in, regarding your social anxiety and your feelings about your sexuality? What steps can you take to build or strengthen that support system for yourself?

Please know that if you ever need someone to talk to or support, I’m here for you. You’re not alone in this :mechanical_arm: