Is getting a therapist free

I hate mental health sickness and I’m not working so I wish a therapist is for free

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Hey @Janelle1234

I can hear that you are in a lot of distressed, am worried for you. I’ll leave your question above on where to get a free therapist to the professionals but in the meantime, if you’d like, you could share about how you’re feeling etc.

1 Like

Hi @Janelle1234,

Thanks for your question.

I hear you - accessing affordable mental health support can be challenging, but there are resources and options available locally to help individuals who are in need. While private therapy sessions may come with a cost, there are avenues for seeking subsidised or low-cost mental health services in the community.

One option you may consider is reaching out to public healthcare institutions, such as polyclinics and government hospitals, which offer mental health services at subsidised rates. These services may include consultations with psychiatrists, psychologists, or counselors who can provide support and guidance tailored to your needs. If you’re a student enrolled in a local institution, you could also approach your school counselling team. To my knowledge, most, if not all counselling sessions are offered free-of-charge.

Additionally, there are community organisations and non-profit agencies that offer counselling and therapy services on a sliding scale fee basis, which means that fees are adjusted based on individual income levels. These organisations may also provide free or low-cost support groups, workshops, or helplines where you can access information, resources, and peer support. For more details, you can refer to this thread: Understanding therapy sessions

Before I end off, I want to reassure you that you’re not alone in this journey, and there are people and organisations in the community who are here to help you navigate through this challenging time. Your comment on wanting to kill yourself tells me that you’re in a lot of pain, and I’m really sorry to hear that you’re struggling so much. I want you to know that you deserve to be safe, supported, and cared for, and urge you to reach out for Professional support as soon as possible. I’ve sent you a DM so that we can get you connected to immediate Professional support and will be waiting to hear back from you. Please take care.

1 Like