Needing Professional Counsellor help that’s affordable

I’m currently in a dilemma as I used to go to the gym often but due to my mental health, I’m unable to for months.

I tried to cancel but they request for a letter from a counsellor / clinic to state I’m unable to continue my gym and to seek assistance to waive the cancellation fee.

I’ve been also trying to go to a clinic for my mental health to get recommendations or medications to ease my depression & anxiety attacks. But everything is so expensive and I’m so stressed.

Please give me advice on this.

Dear hopingforpeace

Thank you for your courage in reaching out proactively for help in managing depression and anxiety attacks. I am sad to hear how challenging it has been for you. I believe your intention to seek out counselling support services can help the recovery process.
Counsellors typically collaborate with you and together you would be more equipped to manage and cope better. If you are in school, please get in touch with the school counsellor.

Information on other resources are available here:

https://www.ncss.gov.sg/Our-Initiatives/Beyond-The-Label/Resources

If you are in need of immediate help, please call 995 or 1767 (SOS 24-hour hotline) to speak to someone.

Even while you are in the process of seeking help, don’t forget to choose making small improvements daily that could improve your mood. Write down what you are grateful for and always show yourself compassion when things don’t go your way. Quieten that self-critic, let that voice chatter in the background, like noise playing on the radio in the background and pay no attention to it. Slowly it will reduce its grip on you.
Please choose to stay well and be optimistic that your situation will improve, one step at a time :heart:

1 Like