I need help

I am financially very tight so I can only go for free counselling. Most places seems fully packed. The one that i managed to get a slot previously just suddenly cut me off; the Counsellor blocked me. I tried contacting other charity organisation and am waiting for their call. Till now, I still receive no news from them. I have no idea who I can approach for help now.

Dear @jadewong,

Thank you for reaching out and choosing to share your struggle with us. Our apologies for taking some time to get back to you. I hear that you’re having a difficult time trying to find counselling services that would be able to cater to your financial situations while simultaneously meeting your needs. I’m sorry to hear about what had happened with the previous Counsellor you had been in touch with. I can imagine that it would have taken quite a bit of courage to reach out for support in the first place, and would like to commend you for your courage in doing that.

You mentioned that you’ve reached out to other charity organisations, but haven’t heard back from them. I’m wondering how long it’s been since you reached out to them? As you’ve mentioned, some organisations may have a bit of a waitlist, so it could take some time for them to get back to you. The wait could be extended especially during festive periods. I can imagine that this may be frustrating, especially when you’re feeling overwhelmed as it is.

In the meantime, as you’re waiting for them to get back to you, you could take this opportunity to share your thoughts or struggles here. If you find that disclosing them here may be a bit disconcerting, you could also try out this exercise to help you organise your thoughts (https://mindline.sg/youth?wysa_tool_id=declutter_mind). Alternatively, journaling could be a great way to help you process your thoughts as well.

However, if you need immediate and urgent help, you may wish to refer to our Get Help Now page (Get Help Now Page - let's talk) for the relevant hotlines to reach out to.

Otherwise, feel free to let us know how the tools I’ve suggested work for you or if you would like to share further. I hope that the organisations you’ve reached out to will be able to get back to you soon. Take care and I wish you all the best!

1 Like

I think it will be hard to take the first step in every thing but once u take it and push urself to move forward you can survive anything. Thats how i survived in my hard days.

1 Like