Loss of friends and school pressure

I feel like no one’s caring. My school counsellor didn’t understand I needed other friends outside of school and told my parents about my online account. They don’t seem to understand that sometimes you just want more understanding friends.
In my school, you’re judged on grades already by the first term. Projects are stressful too. Plus the people there don’t help much either. I feel like I should just push the loneliness aside and study harder, without searching for a single friend that cares.
I’ve tried talking to nearly anyone in my class now. A few are at least okay with me, but they don’t seem like the type of person to have deep conversations with. There’s also the stress of PSLE next year. What should I do to manage this?

Hey there, i’m a fellow experienced loner since primary school. Still a loner in sec 4, but i agree with you. Studies come first. PSLE ain’t nothing to worry about cuz it’s just an exam. Do what you may, cuz it doesn’t denote future you. You in future would just be focused on future things, not small events like PSLE. You are lonely, maybe studying rn is not so important because you gotta spend your childhood being happy. Trust, once you grow older life will be much much worse. Live your life as you want now. Dont care if you dont have friends, fall in love with yourself. You enter this world alone, and leave with yourself. Do what YOU want and what YOU like.
Life gets better, if not, you will get better.

1 Like