School problems

I really dont want to go back to school school starts tomorrow and im afraid and dreading it i have no friends and im alone i am afraid of how people are gonna look at me and talk behind my back i have been overthinking non stop because of this thing

2 Likes

Hi @Strawberryicecream, thanks for coming to our forum!

I can understand that the thought of going back to school can be really overwhelming, especially if you’re feeling alone and worried about how others might perceive you. It’s completely normal to have these concerns. Can you tell me more about what specifically is causing you to feel this way? Are there any particular situations or interactions that you’re particularly anxious about?

Hey @Strawberryicecream ! How have you been doing so far? Would you like to share more about your experiences in school?

Understandably school life may be daunting, especially without the social support, but do reach out to the people you trust to share about the feelings and thoughts that you have! People may not be as judgemental as they seem and it is okay to be seen alone! Feel free to raise any concerns you may have, else I would suggest you join more interest groups to find people with similar interests! it may be of help :smile: do sound out if you are feeling overwhelmed!

1 Like

Hi @Strawberryicecream

Thank you for sharing with us your worries about going back to school. I hear your concerns, and it’s entirely normal to feel this way when facing a situation that feels overwhelming. Going back to school, especially when you’re feeling alone and anxious about how others might perceive you, can be very terrifying and intimidating too.

I want to encourage you that you’re not alone in these feelings, and many people, even those who appear confident, have their own anxieties about school. It’s natural to worry about making friends and fitting in, but I want to affirm you that you are more than the opinions of others :slight_smile:

I also would like you to continue to process this issue together, so when you’ve the time, do have a think about these questions:

1. Is there something specific about school that’s been particularly troubling for you?
  2. What kind of support system do you have in place, such as friends or family members, who you can talk to about your worries?
  3. Are there any particular thoughts or beliefs about how people might perceive you that are intensifying your anxiety?
  4. Have you ever reached out to a school counselor or a teacher for support in dealing with these feelings?

I would also like to share a few resources that may be beneficial for you to try:

Last but not least, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your school counsellor to share your feelings about school. He/She can guide you through your thoughts and worries, and can also provide helpful strategies to help you work out these thoughts, and make school transition smoother for you.

I really hope to hear an update from you soon, since it’s been 3-4 weeks from your last post :slight_smile: Do share with us how you’re coping and how school has been for you recently. We’re here to support you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know we are quite similar in nature I too is afraid of going back to school cause I have no friends. My only friend is a girl SAS but due to our different schedule we hardly get to meet up. Especially now in my class I am in awkward situation where everyone in my class have a friend that was from their previous class except me.

1 Like