Menstruation Delay

I got my first period in 2022.My period lasted long & it was heavy blood.But then,my period stopped & i have not have any period since then till today.It has been 2 years now.I did not do any sexual ■■■■■■■■■■■.I have consult a doctor at the clinic & now i am waiting to go to the hospital to check .But now,as a 14 year old,i am very worried.What should i do? is this normal ?

1 Like

Hi @user1071,

I can imagine how concerning this situation must be for you. Experiencing irregularities in your menstrual cycle and not knowing its underlying cause can be distressing, especially at your age. It’s commendable that you’ve taken the proactive first step to consult a doctor at the clinic and are awaiting further evaluation at the hospital.

Firstly, I want to reassure you that you’re not alone in experiencing irregular periods, and it’s important to seek medical advice when you notice significant changes or concerns - so I’m really glad that you’ve taken that step and reached out for support. Your healthcare provider will be able to conduct a thorough evaluation, which may include medical history, physical examination, and possibly some tests to determine the cause of your irregular periods. I highly encourage you to openly discuss any questions or concerns you may have with your healthcare provider at your appointment as well.

I hear you - waiting for your hospital appointment can be anxiety-provoking and challenging. It’s normal to feel worried about your health and what the outcome of the evaluation may be. During this time, try to manage any worries or anxieties you may be experiencing by practicing self-care techniques such as deep breathing exercises (https://mindline.sg/youth?wysa_tool_id=breathe_deeply), engaging in activities you enjoy, and seeking support from trusted friends or family members. If you’ve noticed anxiety-provoking thoughts come up frequently, I encourage you to try this thought reframing exercise to shift your perspective (Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg).

Remember that every person’s body is different, and there can be various factors that contribute to irregular periods, including hormonal changes, stress, diet, and lifestyle factors. Your healthcare provider will work with you to develop a plan that addresses your specific needs and concerns.

Please know that it’s normal to feel anxious or worried about your health, but you’re taking the right steps by seeking medical advice and advocating for your well-being. If you have any additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider or our community for support. You’re not alone in this, and there are people who are here to help you navigate through this process. I hope all goes well for you, please take care!

1 Like