Recently quit from a stressful job and feeling anxious to look for another job for a month

I recently quit from a stressful job and looking for a new one for about 1 month plus but there isnt any calls for interviews. I engaged a career coach from gov this Thu 15 Jun. Hopefully can get more tips on getting my next job.

3 Likes

Ive quit my stressful job and have been searching for a job for a month or so but no news and call for interview. Feeling anxious

1 Like

What kind of jobs are you looking for and what is causing you to be anxious?

2 Likes

Actually, im a Executive Assistant. Its recently they implement a very complex claim system that delayed all the flight ticket issuance which come in volume thats why i left the place

2 Likes

Which sectors are you planning to find a job in? How long has it been since you applied?

1 Like

Im applying into pharma and bio lab

2 Likes

It must be stressful managing all the new system but it seems like you’ve got a plan, I hope your job hunt goes well. While you look for jobs, can also start looking at your financial commitments to make sure you have enough to tide through this transition period. :relieved:

1 Like

Hey Chris, hear that the lack of interview calls has added a lot of uncertainty to your life. It definitely is not an easy feat to put yourself out there in the job market and feel subjected to others’ discretion. I see why it can be anxiety-inducing for you – not having a job means not having a source of income, and being able to sustain yourself financially is concerning, is that right?

I noticed that you left your previous workplace due to its stressful nature, and I think that it is something worthy of feeling proud! Putting your wellbeing and mental health as priority is something many struggle to do, and I am happy that you are able to do so. Leaving a job is a leap of faith, and I hope that you continue to take many of these leaps to safeguard your wellbeing. After all, we ought to put ourselves first, don’t you agree? :blush:

Hopefully an interview call will come your way soon. How long have you been waiting for such calls? I see that you have put in a lot of effort in searching for a job, such as engaging a career coach recently. Good things take time! Don’t fret, I’m sure you will be able to land a job if it is a good fit.

You can check out some of the resources here on https://mindline.sg/workspace/home

Write here again anytime you need a listening ear or support!

4 Likes

Thank you so much sunflowersunshine for your kind words. It really helps to calm my nerves as you are right, its not easy to put myself out there to be a subject of others discretion. I just have a face to face interview just now and i really like the hiring manager and workplace. Hopefully they will accept me and i can start work soon

2 Likes

Hi, i need someone to talk to. My husband have been pressuring me to go back to work after i quitted my stressful job 2 months ago. Ive been actively looking out but few interviews came around. Im getting really anxious and depress

1 Like

I find it so hard to land on an interview as im pass my 40 years old

1 Like

How was the session with your career coach? Was that helpful?

Yes, it was helpful on the mock interview but not all questions appear at the real interview. The hirer more concern on technical aspect of the role

I see, how about that recent face-to-face interview? Did you manage to progress further?

It sounds like you’re feeling a lot of pressure from your husband, and that’s adding to your anxiety and depression. It’s important to remember that finding a new job takes time. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find the perfect job right away. Just keep applying for jobs and eventually you’ll find the right one for you.

Your husband is probably just worried about you and wants what’s best for you. However, his pressure is not helping you, and it’s important to set boundaries and communicate your needs. With some open communication and understanding, you can hopefully work through this together.

Here are some specific things you could say to your husband:

• “I know you’re worried about me, but your pressure is making things worse. I need some time to myself to process my emotions and find a new job.”
  • “I appreciate your support, but I need you to be more understanding. I’m going through a lot right now, and I need your help.”

Remember that you’re not alone in this. Many people go through the experience of quitting a stressful job and struggling to find a new one. There are resources available to help you, and you don’t have to go through this alone. We’re here for you!

1 Like

Yes, from the WSG IE2 interview and resume session. Quite a few people from aa young as 20 over to 62 years old are finding it challenging to find another job after quitting the previous one. We have to find ways to market and sell ourselves to our potential employers and waiting for news can be frustrating and raise our anxiety.

1 Like