Should I seek help or not

It is normal or I have bipolar
Emotional up and down sometimes will also do risky things like going stayover at stranger house who met online n do things I normally won’t if I control my mind from doing it

1 Like

Please read my post on brain damage from the medicines.

1 Like

Hard to know if you have bipolar, think only a clinician can diagnose that.

On intrusive thoughts and risky behavior, do you feel like you can’t control yourself sometimes?

1 Like

Hello there @Hersha1414,

Thanks for coming on and sharing about your experience here. It sounds like you’re unsure of what you’re going through - I wanna let you know that what you’re thinking and feeling are valid given your circumstances. First off, let’s take a step back to consider what’s happening. Staying over at someone’s house would sound different if your action of staying over was driven by a desire to achieve something or meet an underlying need for yourself … Have you experienced these risky behaviours and mood changes before? If yes, how did you manage/cope in the past? In the meantime, perhaps some of this practices can help you cope with the distress:

I’m also curious about your emotions - did something happen recently? Our overwhelmed emotions can act as messengers, let’s try to see what’s behind them - what kind of thoughts are driving them? Is there something that is not being met or got taken away from you? That could clue you in towards what you’re actually seeking out. :mag:

Typically, emotional changes and distress would lead us to feel overwhelmed if it is beyond our coping abilities; sometimes we might engage in behaviour that is counterintuitive too (e.g., taking a sweet treat although trying to eat more healthily) as the immediate reward outweighs the long-term (negative) consequences. This is a normal (and healthy) response to adversity.

However, if you’re overwhelmed to the extent that it affects your functioning in major areas of your life (e.g., home, school, work, relationships, health, etc.) and the distress is assessed to be clinically significant - that’s when it’s considered a disorder. Thus, a diagnosis of bipolar disorder would require an assessment by a qualified professional that takes into account your history, the duration and intensity of the distress, signs/symptoms associated with the disorder, etc. So one of the first steps could be a referral from polyclinic for the clinical assessment, and that bipolar disorder can be managed with therapy and medication. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would think that there’s more you’re able to share about what you’re going through and that I’m here ready to listen. Remember that you deserve and can get the necessary support you need. Until then, take care!

2 Likes

Hello @Hersha1414, thanks for opening up. It would be helpful if you could provide more insight into the factors influencing your emotional fluctuations and engaging in potentially risky behaviours like staying over at a stranger’s house. Consider consulting with a mental health professional to gain a deeper understanding of your psychological patterns, especially if there’s a possibility of a bipolar condition. Wishing you all the best on your journey towards self-discovery and well-being, :orange_heart:

2 Likes