What are your hobbies? Let's share!

starting to pick up learning foreign languages and speaking to native speakers online. right now i’m trying out spanish, portuguese and farsi :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

wow, how do you manage learning so many languages at the same time?

Hi! I don’t :,) I am always just adjusting my learning time around my routine🙌
eg. I dropped farsi at the moment because free resources are harder to find. Decided to keep portuguese because it’s similar to english. I don’t struggle as hard with unfamiliar words.
Spanish has similar rules and almost identical words to portuguese sometimes, so every now and then I just cross check between both of them.
Even so my motivation fluctuates a lot. Some days are good, some days are bad. Hope this answers the qn, wrote way too long :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

HI @byul247 Can i interest you in a Novela i wrote ?

Its on Amazon.com tittled " The Flute Underneath the Moonlight "

Its inspired from the folklore about the flute - Once there was a musician from Peru who fell in love with a girl but she died. He took her tibia bone or shin bone of the leg after she died and made a flute out of it.
Soon after he lost his mind and got hit by a passing car in the outskirts of the forest he was in and met a doppelganger of his lover in the asylum.

Im not sure how i can share the PDF version but i will see what i can do.

By the way, the book has 3 QR codes that can be scan to YouTube( about the 3 songs ) and i did the illustration for each chapters. Its a short 1hour read at most.

paper back jpeg clean

Hi Everyone, other than Music , I use to love to draw.

I stopped for about 6 years now and i think ive gotten rusty. Anyways here are my art works from the past…

I drew this of a girl i met online from Brazil, Amelie Alencar. She claimed that it was her but turned out to be someone else… I got Catfished. This girl is actually a teen model back then called Stephanie Novaes.

IMG_20180225_030931_545
This is my online friend Anca Mariana from Romania…she got married and have heard from her for the longest time.

IMG_20180225_023318_513
This one i did for my Birthday. Its Solid Snake from the game Metal Gear Solid.

This is from Simpsons- Itchy and Scratchy :slight_smile:

This was in my teens when i was obsessed with Leonardo Da Vinci… I drew it with my left hand cause I injured my hand during Rugby ( Popped my shoulder )…

And the most recent one( About 6 years ago )…\

Was of a friend called Hayyu… I did it for her birthday. Had it all framed up and stuff.

I tried to do for my mom but the picture was small and i go cross eyed nowadays when i draw… I hope i can find a conducive space to start drawing again cause the house i live in does have the space for me to do it…

With that…Wishing everyone an Awesome weekend !!
Warmest regards,
Mano Esperanza

4 Likes

What was a Hobby has become A Major part of my life

• Music…

The songs are " Just like everybody else " Original Composition about having a mental health diagnosis, trying to fit into society again and being treated , live life , like everybody else…
And " Fly me to the moon " By Frank Sinatra…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVoQJihP5Ms

This is the performance poster at Botanic Garden Symphony Stage for the World Mental Health day that year - In 2017…

I have about 45+compostions that are yet to be recorded professionally but i hope next year i will be able to and share it on Spotify because i genuinely believe that it would benefit people as it has benefit me. After I was warded to IMH and 3 suicide attempt in a day before that…I found therapy in doing prayers and making music.

My most recent Music video that was recorded with a friend is… this song called
" Only in My Fantasy " - Bossa Nova, with cafe vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvSEVMZOm4

Ok then Have a great Weekend Everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those are really nice drawings, @ManoEsperanza! :star2:

1 Like

Thats Awesome, I just know basic Portuguese like " Oii, tudo bem com voce ? Trabalho agora ? Ocupado ? just basic stuff. Used to work for a Brazillian guy here in Singapore and I have an online friend for about 11 years now. She rarely chats with me because of work and Church duties -igeraja. I wrote her a simple song called " Eu Quero Voce "
Spanish i sing and know the meaning a bit - the first song i memories was a break up song called Da La Vuelta ( turn around ) and some other song like Arriconomela ( Put her to a corner ) , Mala Malita ( Bad Bad ) Rumba and also wrote a song called " Hermosa " ( Rumba )

1 Like

These are amazing! Perhaps you can find a way to use your artistic talents for good :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

My hobbies are listening to music, reading books and drawing. Yea it’s quite common but it’s therapeutic for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @capybarasarecool ,

I compose , play the guitar and sing - Use to be a hobby but i use it for events to correct the misconception of Mental Illness over the past decade.
I still play for myself from time to time and i do listening to new music and watching New Music Videos on Youtube - Koreans really put in a lot on visual in them.

I enjoy reading when i was younger but now i enjoy writing ( more like ranting Lol ) and i wrote a book called the Flute Underneath the Moonlight and its published on Amazon. Havent much luck with it but the basis of the story is that there is a musician from Peru that fell for a girl. The girl died. He made a flute of her tibia bone and plays it when he is in grief.

Took me about a decade to finally gather the time and courage to publish it. However, on Amazon, Not a single person has read it.

My current hobby is now watching Movies - Most recent is Madame Webb and Mean Girls 2024. Trying my best to keep up with gym as well.

As we go along, our hobbies will develop and i wish that you find joy in whatever next finds your interest.

Wishing you an Awesome Weekend !!

2 Likes

currently listening to music cos it helps me to relax

3 Likes

What’s your favourite genre?

1 Like

Hey there! Your book sounds very interesting!! Why don’t you try posting about your book on Instagram or Facebook ? Maybe it will gain more attention there. I don’t mind sharing about your book on my social, in fact I would be happy to :slight_smile: . I want to get to know you, can we be friends?

2 Likes

Hi @capybarasarecool

I already did but seems like nobody bothers. Till date, noone other than my friends read about it… I mean the whole world :earth_americas:.

You can add me on Facebook or Instagram under the username

Mano Esperanza

Just msg me too cause I got a few spams requests.

thanks again and have an awesome week :smile:

1 Like