Very sian of work

My life in one sentence: Dragging myself out of bed at 7am, Rush to work before 9am, Sit at my desk from 9am - 6pm, Go home at 6pm to rest…and yes the cycle repeats.

Wow…honestly I am so tired of this fixed routine, is there more to life than just this?

4 Likes

Wow…honestly I am so tired of this fixed routine, is there more to life than just this?

What do you do after you come back home from work? Perhaps you can explore the free time you had, though I can relate that you would be too tired to do anything else.

1 Like

@Tsulaiman normally I would turn on my laptop to watch an episode of drama while eating my dinner. Seems pretty boring to me, I wonder if there is anything else I can do?

1 Like

hey thanks for sharing! i think free time is something we all haven’t really learnt how to use (since the “learning” takes place in school…) and personally I’m not that great at it either. but one thing i do is to be introspective and think about things that i’ve been interested to do/know/learn but never really got around to do it! it can be either reading a book (like a chapter a day! don’t be daunted by books :slight_smile: ) or even watching educational videos! the main aim is of course something that leaves u feeling like u actually did something and felt engaged with, rather than the mindless scrolling on social media and youtube that we are all victims of haha. other things include little activities for self-care haha eg exercising, going out on a short walk to catch a breather, dabbling with scents, even getting ur fav guilty drink or meal etc! these are little activities u do for urself to make u feel a little better each day :slight_smile:

another part of life is definitely the relationships u have with people! be it friends or family. talking to friends about their lives also gets me thinking about everything else that is happening outside of my own little life, and it really is refreshing sometimes (at least for me!)

but i have to say that things like watching drama and everything is ok too! nothing wrong with that. in fact nothing beats a nice kdrama at the end of a long work day haha. ultimately free time is a very fluid thing (implied in the name :P) so it really is up to how u want to spend it, no right or wrong answers!

3 Likes

I think you’ll have to be very intentional with your free time (even if it means not doing anything). Planning ahead helps so that you won’t feel like you’re stuck in a routine.

If you’re in a relationship, you could also try something like the 2-2-2 rule - going out on a date every two weeks, enjoying a weekend away every two months and taking a holiday for a week every two years.

1 Like

It may seem like life right now is a cycle and nothing seems to change, but know that how you make the day to be can be a little different each day. Try focusing on different aspects and seeing things in a different light. :blush:

Never heard of the 2 2 2 rule but it sounds awesome THanks for sharing @Jaws :slight_smile:

1 Like