Body Shaming, Treating People and The 5'C

I never had an issue with my body until recent decades after my diagnosis with Mental Illness and gained weight.

The way people treat you, family,friends and even general public changes. All manners of body shaming. There was a few times in public , scrawny people would rub their belly and look at me. But they won’t do that to a morbidly obese person cause all they have to do is sit on them Lol.

How you treat people show a lot about your character and Upbringing. People who poke fun and make a person feel less are often then not very insecure people.

I have had the pleasure to know my former Boss from Brazil that had it all - The 5’Cs however he treats everyone with dignity. He used to drive a Maserati and before he went back he drove a Ferrari. Lives in a Condo, Good looking and had a great Career with an Oil Company. So i guess it’s only fitting that he actually married a model. Unlike some people I got to know that looks like a toilet that is only halfway constructed ( In Malay,Muka jamban tak siap ) and have the audacity to feel that they have it all and treat people like Crap- both men and woman.

The girls. ladies or woman that i got to know over the years have many high expectations for their partner. I mean if i was in the position where I had it all, why would i even choose you ? Wouldn’t A Person with 5’C goes for something better ? What do you have to offer in return ? Etc.

The Lesson Here is that we should manage our expectations. Treat everyone with dignity no matter if they are the CEO or Janitor. Be it Fit, Scrawny , Meaty, Fluffy. Morbidly Obese etc we all deserve the basic respect as human being. We are all unique in our own ways and like this song im going to share…

"Look into the mirror, at yourself

Don’t you like you?

Cause I like you"…

2 Likes

Hi @ManoEsperanza !

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and the song! I hear you, and it sounds like you’ve been through a lot, and I can understand how the changes in your body, coupled with the reactions from others, can deeply affect you. It’s unfortunate that people sometimes fail to see beyond appearances and treat others with the respect and kindness they deserve.

I agree with your insight into the nature of people’s behavior, I find that it is quite profound! :slight_smile: Indeed, those who resort to belittling others often do so out of their own insecurities. And it’s truly heartening to hear about people like your former boss who embody dignity and respect in their interactions, regardless of their status or appearance :slight_smile: He deserves a thumbs-up!

Also, I know that relationships can be difficult to manage and sometimes confusing, especially when faced with societal expectations and perceptions of worth. But you’re absolutely right that everyone, regardless of their external traits, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect :slight_smile: We all have unique qualities and contributions to offer, and it’s important for us to recognize and appreciate each other’s humanity.

I too have songs to encourage you, they may be old ones but they’re goldies!

1. “Scars to Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara - This empowering anthem celebrates inner beauty and self-acceptance, encouraging us to embrace our uniqueness and imperfections!
  2. “Rise Up” by Andra Day - This song inspires strength and perseverance in the face of adversity, reminding us that we have the ability to overcome challenges and emerge stronger.
  3. “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera - This heartfelt ballad celebrates inner strength and resilience, encouraging us to embrace our true selves and recognize our inherent worth and beauty.

I hope these words will continue to encourage you to press on, regardless of what others say about you. You’re unique and wonderful, don’t let anyone make you believe otherwise! :slight_smile:

2 Likes