Depression with psychosis, PTSD.

These past few days, my parents keep arguing over little things such as about the length of the countertop and miss understandings of an explanations. It is getting tiring to tell them both to stop the arguments especially because it is not that big deal to argue over with yet they both seem to love shouting at each other till it is hurting my chest. I am diagnosed with depression with psychosis and also PTSD. The voices seem to trying to reach me out whenever my parents argue yet the medicines that Ive been taking act as the barrier of it. Although I hear the voices lesser, it still hurt my head a lot after the medicine lose its effect. I don’t know how to cope with this situation any longer, I lost my will to stay alive.

2 Likes

Hi @Heaxhy

Thank you for taking the courage to share with us your struggles, I hear you, and I’m truly sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult time. I can hhear that it feels overwhelming to witness your parents arguing, especially when it’s affecting you so deeply, both emotionally and physically. It’s understandable that this situation would exacerbate the struggles you’re already facing with depression, psychosis, and PTSD.

I would like you to try these suggestions if possible:

1. Create a Safe Space for Yourself. Please do try to create a safe space for yourself where you can retreat when your parents argue. This space could be a quiet corner in your room, a park, or any place where you feel calm and at ease. Fill this space with comforting items such as books, music, or photos that bring you joy, so that taking breaks in this safe space can provide you with a sense of refuge during tense moments at home.

2. Practice Self-Care! Self care helps us to manage the stress and emotional toll of most situations. You can try to engage in activities that promote relaxation and well-being, such as deep breathing exercises, mindfulness meditation, or gentle yoga. Additionally, do ensure you’re getting enough rest, eating nourishing meals, and staying hydrated! Taking care of your physical and emotional needs can strengthen your resilience and ability to cope with challenging situations like this.

3. Talk to a mental health professional for support - I highly encourage you to speak to a mental health professional to get continuous support for yourself, especially if it gets too overwhelming. If you don’t have a social worker or a professional linked to yourself already, you can try walking in to a nearby Family service centre or speak to any online mental health professional such as:

Please know that there are people who care for you and want to support you. Do try out these suggestions, and let us know if any of them helped or worked for you. Let us know how you’re coping too. We’ll be here for you.

Hear from you soon.

1 Like

Hello @Heaxhy I hate it when my parents argue too I can only imagine how stressful it must feel with everything else that you are going thru especially being on medication which takes alot of energy away from you :disappointed_relieved:

Normally I would remove myself from the situation when it gets too overwhelming I would go out for a walk or talk to my partner or someone I can trust but if that’s not possible I would put on my earpiece and listen to music find something else to distract myself first.

I also think what @cottonsoul mentioned might be helpful too :slight_smile:

You can also comeback here to release as well remember we are here for you. :otter:

1 Like

Do your parents know about your condition? I wonder if it’s helpful for you to tell them that their arguments are hurting you.

Maybe they’ll quarrel less if they understand that them fighting is hurting you.

1 Like