1. What happens in the morning
When I wake up, I sometimes feel very uncomfortable, scared, or uneasy, even when I’m not actively thinking about anything negative. The feeling can appear without an obvious trigger. On some days, I can identify what I’m worried about, but on other days, I simply wake up feeling this way without knowing why.
The discomfort makes me feel as though something is wrong, even though I cannot identify a specific problem. I find myself wondering why I’m feeling like this and why I cannot seem to feel normal or comfortable.
Some of my recurring concerns involve my future, career, and dating. I have previously experienced anxiety about whether I’m making the right career decisions, whether I’ll progress in life, and whether I’ll find someone to date.
This is usually because i feel like a failure everyday, working in a blue collar job, unable to process how does one improve or get better at this job. Worrying that i will be stuck with this income even in the future.
Or that no one wants to date me, and that i am unable to find the one i want to marry…
I am scared… I dont know what to do…
I wish someone can guide me like what soft skills to learn and how to improve and where… Courses that are free or something i can learn in workshops in singapore…
Or learning how to communicate better with others… Or how to do better in jobs…
I don’t…know…
Thank you for sharing @productivefrog2739 , it sounds like things has been really exhausting lately… waking up carrying that weight before the day even started especially when it doesn’t seem to have a clear trigger can feel very disorienting.
I do want to gently point out something, working a blue-collar job does not make you a failure. I do not wish to dismiss these feeling that you are experiencing, however it’s also worth naming clearly that the feeling does not equal to truth. And to be honest, the fact that you are thinking about growth and improvement, that already says a lot about you.
On the practical side, since you asked about resources in Singapore, here are some career related resources that perhaps I can share with you.
- Skills & Workforce Development Agency (previously known as skills future Singapore and workforce Singapore)
They have various support on their website that you can explore, one of it was career and skills advisory where you can have one to one consultation to guide your skills and training needs.
I also want to gently say that those persistent feeling that something is wrong, especially when you can’t identify why, that’s worth talking to someone about it properly. If it feels manageable now, I would encourage you to speak to a counsellor who can help you to work through these together. You don’t have to figure all of this out alone, and you don’t have to solve all these all at once. When we have so much on hand, it is more important that we focus on taking one thing at a time.
If you are unsure where to reach out to, you can also consider reaching out to National Mindline 1771 by calling them at 1771 or WhatsApp them at 66691771 to speak to someone first.