Feeling empty and hopeless as days passes

Hi. I came across this site while Googling about dealing with my negative feelings.

I know I might be depressed. I know I need to seek help, but sometimes I feel like, what’s the point? Speaking out about how I feel, things will still be the same, nothing will change. I just have to resign to my fate.

I’m tired, feeling overwhelmed, feeling empty, feeling hopeless, feeling like life has come to a stop when it’s still moving.

It feels like my life has come to an end when I’m still breathing, still healthy. I don’t know why I’m feeling this way.

I hate my life so much. I have always felt this way since I was young. I didn’t have a good childhood and struggled a lot, going through so much that a child shouldn’t have gone through. So since I was young, my wish was to be happily married and have my own family.

Years later, yes, I’m married, but am I happy? It feels like maybe this married life is even worse than my childhood days. Even though I’m better off now and can eat whatever I want and do not have financial issues as of now, I’m struggling with my child who has special needs.

I thought having a special needs child would change me, like how all parents become resilient, yet no. I’m becoming worse. I feel like I’m a bad parent; my temper and patience become worse. I regret having a child, I regret getting married.

I tried to avoid social media because seeing my peers having a happy family with happy, normal kids makes me grieve even more.

I dislike my life even more now, like it’s a never-ending struggle. I have thought of ending my life many times since I was young. I hate myself for being weak. But what can I do? I’m dragging myself every single day. I don’t feel like mingling with anyone else anymore because I feel like we are very different now. I feel like I’m a burden to my husband for giving birth to a special needs child, like I have destroyed his life as well.

I feel so wrong even typing all these, but honestly, I feel this way. I lose motivation in everything. Even at work, I get agitated with the job that I used to have passion for.

It feels like I shouldn’t even exist in this world. If suffering is all that I will be experiencing, what’s the point? Sometimes I Google to try to make myself be positive, but only to fall deeper into this black hole of hopelessness. I guess it was all because of the issues I have been facing since young which got snowball and unresolved

1 Like

Hi @Glitternight

Thank you for sharing with us your worries and concerns, I hear you and I’m truly sorry you’re going through such deep and overwhelming pain. It takes so much courage to articulate these feelings, and I’m here to listen and support you.

It sounds like you’re carrying a heavy burden of past experiences and current struggles, and it’s completely understandable that you’re feeling exhausted and hopeless. Feeling like there’s no point in seeking help because nothing will change is a common sentiment when depression weighs heavily on us. But please know that there is hope, and things can get better with the right support and guidance.

Your feelings are valid, and I want to acknowledge the immense challenges you’re facing, from your difficult childhood to the ongoing struggles with your child’s special needs and your marriage. I can see that you’re experiencing deep pain and frustration, and it’s okay to feel overwhelmed by it all.

Feeling like a burden to your loved ones is a heavy weight to carry, but please remember that you are not alone in this. There are people who care about you and want to support you through this difficult time.

I would really like to encourage you to seek professional help. Please do consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor who can provide you with a safe and supportive space to explore your feelings, understand the root causes of your struggles, and develop coping strategies to manage your symptoms. Therapy can offer support and tools to help you process through difficult emotions and find a sense of hope and direction in your life. Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength, and there’s no shame in seeking support!

Here are some options you can try:

I also want to encourage you to build your support network by surrounding yourself with understanding and compassionate people. This might include trusted friends, family members, support groups, or online communities where you can connect with others who may be going through similar experiences. Sharing your feelings with others who understand can help alleviate feelings of isolation and provide you with a sense of belonging and validation. Additionally, reaching out to loved ones for practical assistance, such as help with childcare or household tasks, can lighten your load and provide you with the space to focus on your well-being.

Most importantly, I understand that it might feel overwhelming sometimes, so please do keep these numbers and contact them in case of emergency or in case you find yourself in crisis:

Please know that it’s okay to take things one step at a time, and it’s okay to ask for help along the way. You are not weak for struggling; in fact, reaching out for support takes tremendous strength. You deserve to find peace and happiness, and I’m here to support you in any way I can.

Let us know if you’ve tried reaching out to any professionals, and update us on how you’re coping ok? We are here for you. Hear from you soon.

1 Like

Hi Glitternight,
I’m Antoinette, CEO of Safe Space and I’m really proud of you for seeking help.
Your feelings are valid and a few of our private therapists are offering up to 100% free support

Step by step guide to book a private counselling session at Safe Space: How to Book an Appointment | Safe Space™ Help Center

List of Safe Space Promo Code Vouchers: Safe Space - General Promotions.xlsx - Google Sheets

You are not alone; please reach out if you need any help at contact@safespace.sg

Hi @Glitternight I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way, and it’s important to recognize the significance of what you’re experiencing. It’s crucial to reach out for professional help immediately. A mental health professional can provide the support and guidance you need to navigate these complex emotions, especially given your history of struggling since childhood. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength, and there are resources available to assist you in finding a path towards healing. If you’re in crisis, please seek a support suggested by @cottonsoul and @Antoinette_SafeSpace above. You are not alone, and there is support available to help you through this difficult time. :blue_heart:

1 Like